1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bret10, Jul 24, 2014.

1. bret10

bret10 Junior Member
    from ohio

Looking into getting a wideout this year. Any idea on a price the dealer around me won't get back with me :(
  2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I would find a different brand or at least a different dealer. If they won't even call you to sell you a $6000+ plow what makes you think they'll care when you need a $20 hose?
  3. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 Member

I was just quoted $6,700 installed.
  4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Wow, that's a good price! I paid almost $10,000 for mine here in Calgary Alberta three years ago and I worked at a Western dealership at the time. I guess, like Ford, I got "Employee Pricing" (regular retail + 25%)
    I agree with Peteo! though about the service.... The warranty on that plow is supposed to be two winters so don't let them dick you around. Ask them for details on their warranty policy. Will they make you pay up front for warranty parts and or labor? Some dealers make you pay first and then give you a credit when they get approval from Western. That takes weeks and if they are not honest they will say "it wasn't approved" and keep your money.
    But aside from the bad service you might get at that particular dealer, the Wide-out is an awesome unit and nobody can beat the ultra-mount II and Western's multiplex controls. I work on Boss and SnoWay too. People like that power coupler until the first time it fails. With ultra-mount, even if it's dead you can hook up, high chain it and transport it to a service shop. I love my Wide-out. Douglas Dynamics also makes the Blizzard version of the Wide-out but it uses that power coupler and the knife edge mounts. The Western version is best.