1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WIDEOUT & VEE.... Together?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MR. Elite, Dec 13, 2012.

1. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

I am running a wide out as of now, but I always wanted to see how a V is? My question is does any1 here run both on the same truck?? My thoughts are since the control, and wiring doesn't coincide, I was planning to run the V wiring and jus having it sprout out the pass. side of the front end since my Wideout is com in out the Driver side, then depending on what blade I wanna run at the time i would jus connect either the WO control, or the V control. So it may b a dumb question but Im assuming on the truck side frame mount, U can hang the WO or the V??? Has any1 ever done or attempted this?? If so, how did it go? Any problems at all?
    I guess It jus comes down to the fact I want to try a V, and I always like to have options...! I thing it would b fun to b able to litterly jus hook 1 up n run for a while then either when needed or wanted I can run back to the shop and jus swap out the blade and control and push with the other!!? I would like everyones thoughts and input on this.. Thanks,

ELITE

2. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

[​IMG] I have both an the truck sides are the same you can swap them back an forth. The harness and controler will work either plow

3. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

Really??? I could have swore on another thread on her, that some1 had some issues with the control not working both??
    VERY nice combo BTW

4. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

I'm 99% Positive but I will check tomorrow an post a video for ya. The new fleet flex should allow you to run any plow from a wide out or v plow harness. This included straight blades with the new 2 plug set up. An last thanks for the Complement I put a lotta effort into my trucks to get them the way they an keep them clean an running top notch.

5. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I run both fisher XLS and Xtreme v and can swap them truck to truck works great but I like the XLS better than the Xtreme v

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

100% right. The wiring and everything on my truck was from my wideout set up, when I picked my new Vee from Western a few weeks ago, it was all plug and play. The newer straight are also 2 plugs for plug and play

7. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I run both a Wide-Out and an MVP Plus on my personal truck. As others have said, the wiring is compatible. The only exception with the controls is the early mulitiplex, non Fleet Flex, MVP Plus control, which doesn't have the Security Guard feature, will not run a Wide-Out. Other than that, they're all fully comaptible.

It's awesome having both plows, as they both have their own distinct advantages. It's the best of both worlds.

8. 1olddogtwo

Now that makes sense, after we hooked up and ran it a few cycles, one of the techs gave me a brand new handheld to have. He said he didn't know how old my current one was.

9. 1olddogtwo

I can't comment on older MVP plus, but the new one does have the security guard.

10. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

well... IDK if all this positive info was good or not!? Now, Im ready to go pick up an mvp!!
    (With all this snow we got.....) Probably not the best investment right now...

I was also thinking... has any1 ever thought about crossbreeding an mvp & a wideout?
    I would assume with some ingenuity, a lot of welding and some good planing it can b done.
    Jus fabricate the wings that would move hydraulically, then map out the cuts and welds for the slide boxes and the mount points for the wing rams. The hardest part would b the controls and the solenoids for the wings. It would deff need to have a 1 off control for it all to work correctly!! Obvously there is a hell of a lot more to it then wat I've rattled off, but all in all, It may b doable!? If any1 else is up for the welding part of it, Im willing to deff try n make something of the sorts!!
    ....Im starting to think this lack of snow and disheartening weather forecasts are really starting to drive me loony tunes!..

11. 1olddogtwo

Cut the WO in half, attach to a MVP frame is the easy part, would need two atleast 4 more solenoids and relief vale for the wings......it would be easier to do like the speed wing with automatic wings...

12. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

LOL I can see U have put some thought in2 this as well.. I like ur plan of attack better, its much simpler than my original plan.. Now I REALLY wanna try this!!!

13. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

[​IMG] the truck side is for my 2011 wide out with security gaurd the Vplow is a 2008 with out The security nonsense an it works on my truck.