1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wideout purchase

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by plow4u, Oct 15, 2008.

1. plow4u

plow4u PlowSite.com Veteran

Think I am going to buy a wideout tomorrow for my 07 Chevy 2500HD New Body style. Tell me I am making a good decision and the truck will handle it ok with Timbrens. Was between the Blizzard 810 and Wideout. Just liked a few more features on the Wideout ,on/off, lights, pivot bar and mainly availability of dealers in my area for parts and service. Anybody else out there besides Jon Greer have any pics or input of putting this on my truck. A big thanks to Jerre also for your input you gave me. Looking for other input or suggestions also on good or bad decision. Help persuade me guy's

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I have a wideout on my 04 2500hd extcab 6.5 with a duramax
    I love it.
    the truck actually handles it better then my 8.5 proplus.

I keep about 800lbs of fuel and salt in the bed of the truck, as much behind the axel as possible.

3. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Personally I think thats alot of weight on the front for a 2500hd. But others have done it, so it must work. I'd just keep an eye on the trucks frame. Best of luck.

4. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

How much did you pay installed? I am thinking of putting one on our 08 gmc dumper, i was quoted $6,500 by a local dealer but it seemed a little high?

5. plow4u

plow4u PlowSite.com Veteran

Well I did it

Made the Wideout purchase today $6200.00 installed and included deflector and taking my Meyer setup off. Getting it installed next Thursday.

6. harry1950

harry1950 Junior Member

I had one installed last week but am having light problems and now won't angle right.Waiting for Western tech to troubleshoot.Can't wait for it to be corrected, I am looking forward to working with it!!

7. pushin 4 u

pushin 4 u Member

bought one couple of weeks ago...today used it to bury my neighbors driveway with leaves...priceless!!!! as far as i can tell this plow rocks...coming from a straight blade guy this whole powered wing thing ROCKS!!! can't wait for the green stuff...i mean white stuff to start falling to stretch its legs!

8. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

How much did you end up picking that up for?

9. pushin 4 u

pushin 4 u Member

$5500.00...Quality Truck and Equiptment in Bloomington/Normal...i went down there in buddies lift gate truch...you could do it with a trailer too.i picked it up put together...i had the mount on the truck already...all i had to do is wire it...not that bad.

10. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

How wide are they w/ the wings?

I am thinking about a 8ft. 2in "V" plow for $4500 + tax & install.

11. pushin 4 u

pushin 4 u Member

its 8 ft with wings retracted...10 feet with wings extended.

12. Grampa Plow

Grampa Plow Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have an 08 Chevy 2500 HD...I've got a price quote of $5,800 installed, which I didn't think was too bad.

13. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

welcome to PS G-PA

14. Grampa Plow

Grampa Plow Senior Member
    from Midwest

Anyone else heard of any better prices in the Midwest? (Eastern Iowa-Northwest Il-SW Wisconsin)

15. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

I was quoted $4890 + tax cash and carry in Bolingbrook. I was also told that Western just had a major price increase again for this year that will be huge.
    I just bought a 9' Ultra Pro Plus yesterday $4431 OTD wings quoted for $500 but didn't buy wings as that was high to me. What do you guys think of the wings price?

16. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The wings will save a lot of time when windroeing on a large lot. A 9' plow with wings will be a lot of plow.

17. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

Bought the wings too when I was there and forgot the darn fluid.