1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wideout plow skipping/chatter

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mdegner, Feb 27, 2012.

1. mdegner

mdegner Junior Member

My without plow charters on wet pavement, I don't run skid shoes and I replaced the cutting bar and a frame last year, any suggestions

2. mdegner

mdegner Junior Member

Wideout correction

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I dont have one but my mvp does it in striaght mode I say its from the plow pitch that cause that and surface of the pavement on Asphalt mine wont do it

4. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Not enough lubrication from snow for the urethane wing edges.

5. mdegner

mdegner Junior Member

Thank you kinda what I was thinking too

6. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

Just the poly wings, the pro wings do it too, only when back dragging though unless i go sloooowww.

7. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Good One.........Thumbs Up......:waving:

How many Hours on the Edges?????........Falline says...Run the Plow in reverse for a Couple of hundred yards on wet pavement to help Break in the edges..They said this.....Not me....

It will stop chattering once the edges are Broken in.......It is Kinda annoying though....:nod:

8. mdegner

mdegner Junior Member

That makes sense, the edges have probably 60+ hrs but the local dealer says the Polly is to be a hair above the steel edge