1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wideout or xls on a dmax

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by EXR, Jun 3, 2011.

1. EXR

EXR Senior Member

Has anyone every put a wideout or xls on a crew cab dmax?

2. EXR

EXR Senior Member

Guess not eh..

Well got my answer then.

3. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

i got a wideout on 03 ext cab with a duramax and i havn't had any problems

4. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

I have an 03 extended cab with a 9' and wings and I just bought a 09 crew cab that im going to put a 9' and wings on as well... a set of timbriens goes a long way.. to help with the weight of the diesel and plow

5. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

On an 2011 no problem

6. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

I was told by Chevy and Western "NO plow bigger than a 7.5 foot an any Chevy diesel crew cab older than 2011" they also said its not just BS they have seen frames crack.

7. hanson1999

hanson1999 Junior Member

buy a welder. fixes lotsa problems. do the brace from upper control arm back that ive seen on this forum.

I've been told alot of plow cant go on this/that. ive had huge plow on 1/2 ton pickups. depends on how you use them and traveling miles.

my newest plow pickup just bought is a 02 chevy 1500hd. have a 8'2" boss vxt on the way. they say you cant do it. i lied and said its a 2500hd. i have the gussets welded in on the 1500hd from factory. not worried at all its for private use and very little road time.