1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wideout or MVP3

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by TIMSF250, Aug 11, 2016.

1. TIMSF250

TIMSF250 Junior Member

Hi Guys - I am trying to figure out if I should buy a Wideout or MVP3. I am going to use it on a commercial property that has a 1.5 acre parking lot. The reason I can't decide is all the snow from the parking lot along the front and sides of the building must be moved to the rear parking lot. So I'm thinking wideout because I have to carry snow a long distance and around the corners to the rear lot. Then I'm thinking V because this property sits along a 4 lane state highway so I will have to break through the entrances into the site, that could be plowed shut from the state plows.
    Also this lot has permanent aggressive speed bumps if that makes a difference.
    As far as cost the Wideout is priced $600.00 higher then the 8'6" MVP3

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated!

Thanks Tim

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

How big of windrows are we talking? Hard to beat a wideout/xls for open lots. But then again 1.5 acres isn't that big. Very happy I had a v plow for our big storm last year but the other 90% of the time wideout/xls would be faster.

3. TIMSF250

TIMSF250 Junior Member

The largest lot to windrow is 65'x300'. Most of the other parts I won't be windrowing but will be in scoop mode.

4. kimber750

Not what I meant. How big will the wind row be that you have to bust through to get onto your lot.

5. TIMSF250

TIMSF250 Junior Member

The main entry is around 30' wide and would have 2 full lanes of snow from the highway wind rowed into it from the state trucks going by.

6. kimber750

Have you never done this account before? Plan on waiting until the end of the storm? Will it be 2' deep or 10'? No location is given so no idea what your average snow fall is. So telling me two lanes of snow means absolutely nothing. You said in first post you were leaning towards v plow to get through this windrow, just trying to figure out if a v plow is necessary.

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

8. TIMSF250

TIMSF250 Junior Member

Sorry should have been more specific........never done this account before. I plan on plowing with the storm. Location is in the Reading,Pa area not to far from you.

9. TIMSF250

TIMSF250 Junior Member

Nice vid 1olddogtwo

10. kimber750

Ok, so our average storms are only a few inches. The windrow will not be that big on average. Either plow will get through it pretty easily. Now to plow my experience with both plows. I like the V better for transport. Plow tucks back by the truck and makes it a little easier transporting. V plow is great at stacking snow. WO is only 8' retracted so not horrible to transport. Windrows much better than V. Will carry snow around corners with less spill off. Weight between the two is pretty close. So in the end it is up to you. A good driver can get through a tall windrow with a straight blade with beating the truck. So don't let that be your determining factor.

11. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

If you go with the MVP get the western wings that go with it. It will put the cost up to the same as the wideout but you will carry a lot more snow than without them.

JustJeff likes this.
  12. 1olddogtwo

13. TIMSF250

TIMSF250 Junior Member

Thanks Kimber 750.......all makes sense. With your experience on both is one better than the other for back dragging? What about the aggressive speed bumps I mentioned, does one have an advantage over the other?

14. TIMSF250

TIMSF250 Junior Member

Looks like some serious stacking with the V. I'll definitely keep that in mind when making my decision.

15. kimber750

I like the V better for back dragging. I can move both wings back a little to help with spill over. None of my account have speed bumps but I can tell you both will easily relocate parking blocks.

16. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

We have both.. but don't waste your time on a 8.6V get a 9.6 if you go V, every foot counts!!!! And the wing option makes it 11.4!! I personally like the wideout better, mines been modified to 9'-11' and still windrows better then are 9.6V3 with wings... both are great plows!!!

2016-08-13 07.59.33.png

17. 1olddogtwo

18. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

Lmao.. I was hoping for that video Pat

1olddogtwo likes this.
  19. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

seen it, what a jerk.

20. 1olddogtwo

If you don't like what ur doing, you shouldn't do it.....

I ❤ snow

JustJeff likes this.