1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wideout or Blizzard Speedwing?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Liberty LLC, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Liberty LLC

Liberty LLC Member
    from NJ

Getting a new to me truck and dont know which way to go personally I think the Blizzard doesn't appear commercial to me any one have experience how they hold up? There are a lot of used Blizzard's around me and no wideouts so the cost is far more but wondering if there are a lot of used blizzard's because they don't hold up....

2. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

IMO the wide-out will stand up to commercial use much better than the speed wing.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well the ph1 speedwing was a tuff plow. Since blizzard sold out there's been a lot of pple on this site saying there not as strong as they once were. Im not a big fan of always having the wings in scoop mode. Sometimes I can't fit through an area, so I just suck the wings in and plow at 8'. IMO, I would go with a wideout

4. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Wideout or blizzard 810. Or for $500 more the 8611

5. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

If they lightened the WideOut like they did the rest of the power plows, stay away from them and go with the Wideout.

6. plowin-fire

plowin-fire Senior Member

The older 810s are pretty tough. Mid 2000's vintage

7. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Yes, And very easy to fix. I have a 03 and a 05. Have thousands of hours on each. Still plan on using them this year. Will continue till they break apart.

Now if only I can get Jerre to get me a mount for my 08 Chevy.

8. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

MAE, I have an 08 mount I can part with. I'd have to figure out shipping, but I'd guess I could get it to you for around $400..

9. DLMINC

DLMINC Junior Member
    from MI

I've got 3 speed wings. 2 are 2 years old, the 3rd is 3 years old. We plow nothing put commerical with these plows. We do have Eblings on back which do most of the plowing. I have 6 Blizzards total and love them.

10. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

I sent you a PM

11. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

And I responded. Make me an offer.