1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wideout on F-250

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by PhilFromErie, Oct 5, 2010.

1. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

Has Anyone put a wideout on a F-250 diesel quad cab with the 5200lb front end. I know it's not recomended but what happens if you do it. Could you beef up front end somehow to help?

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

I plow with a guy with almost the same set up.. It might be exactly the same.. Anyway its a productive set up and gets shiz done

3. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

What year of Ford are we talking here.

4. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

It's a 04. My western dealer says it's a no-no and the plow is too heavy for the truck.

5. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I agree. Ford did not recommend putting a plow on a CC/D from 99-04. Its only when you get into the coil sprung front ends that that changes. You could run that plow, but I personally would not. You will also be over your FGAWR, in which case if you ever get in an accident with the truck, the cops will have a field day. The best advice I could give you would to be either get a 7' 6" blade or an 8 ft. blade and wing it, and just keep the wings on all the time.