1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wideout on a Suburban?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Sawboy, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

So "if" I sell my truck (doubtful) I'd most likely replace with a Suburban. I would go 2500 series. Question is, would it hold a Wideout? Western site only gives info for a 7'6".

Thoughts?

2. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

Doubt it. If it doesn't list it it's not recommended for it

3. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Only reason it doesn't say you can is because of the weight if you had all the seats full. Most people dont plow with 7 other people but if you did you would be overweight with a big plow.

4. road2damascus

road2damascus PlowSite.com Addict

I just about fell out of my chair when I read that!

8' pro plow was the biggest western recommended on my search. 8600 gvrw 2500 series suburban

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  5. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

The recommendations are based on a fully loaded vehicle, not an empty one. I wouldn't hesitate, and if you were worried you can do frame gussets and XG bars or Timbrens

6. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

That's what I thought. Only about a 10% chance of me selling my truck, but I'd go suburban and have the wide out. I was shocked too Mike.

Thanks for the reassurance fellas.

7. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

I'd go for it! I run an 860 Speedwing on a 2500 Suburban for the last 8 years. No problems or front end wear. Love the diesel Suburban for big snows.

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

blasphemy!!!!!!

9. road2damascus

road2damascus PlowSite.com Addict

speaking of which....I wore a blue ford tough shirt this morning at the gym.

10. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

It's counter weight that is the problem. You probably should have about 700 lbs on the rear axle with that plow, tough to do with a suburban, also all the dealers I know and have worked with will not install the plow if it is not recommended by the manufacturer. Would it work sure, however your front axle weight will most likely be over weight. A problem if you ever got jammed up with the dot

11. Snowngo1

Snowngo1 Junior Member
    from ankeny

Suburban w/ Wideout No Problem

I have a 2002 Chevy Suburban 8100 Big Block Motor running a 2012 Wideout with zero issues. I have 770 pounds of ballast in the back and we cranked he front torsion bars to level the truck plus I put Timbrens on the front as well. pump up your air pressures and have fun. Doesnt ride to bad with all that weight either. Best plow i have owned to date and ive had westerns full line at one point or another.

12. mn-bob

mn-bob Senior Member

Welcome to the site Snowngo1

13. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I was all ready to contribute to this....when I realized I already did. New guys always bumping threads :rolleyes:

14. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

And 5 days late as well.

15. mn-bob

mn-bob Senior Member

dam Busted

16. exclusive

exclusive Member

How do you like plowing with a 2500 suburban

17. Snowngo1

Snowngo1 Junior Member
    from ankeny

Thing plows amazing with the Wideout. Most of my accounts are easy to get in and out of so that makes it easier. Tight quarters would not be the best but one of my favorites yet.

18. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

2 burbs with 810's here, both great rigs, do it in a heartbeat.