1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wideout on a K20?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ajcoop20, Dec 3, 2014.

1. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

Thinking about putting a wideout on my k20... its mechanically very sound, all top of the line parts, and everything is new, has dual batteries and a 160a alternator as well. its an 86, 350/400. anyone have any reasons why i shouldnt. Ive got a 7'6 conventional pro plow on it now, and it literally drops 1/4" with that plow.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Go for it....
  3. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

4. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I know on another site a few years ago, there was a member running an 810 Blizzard on a K20.

I have the 8'6HD Fisher MM2 on a lifted K20, same as yours the front end doesn't drop much with the plow raised, hardly notice it at all.

You can always add another leaf for winter if needed.
  5. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

Thanks guys. This works well with my plans, Ill be getting a new 3/4 ton chevy gasser or a 1 ton srw if they still make them next year, and I want to have the fleet system on both trucks, and a MVP as well. So i can switch them back and forth for different applications.
  6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Consider the frame plates that help strengthen those. I think they like to crack around the steering box. Other than that, go for it.