1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wideout on a F350?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 09sg, Feb 1, 2014.

1. 09sg

09sg Junior Member

Called the nearest Western dealer for a quote on a wideout on my 2013 F350 and was told to heavy for my truck with a diesel. I was sure others was carrying that same plow. Anyone running with that setup?

2. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Well what people are going to say is this:

It's all about the dealer. Around me, I have one boss dealer that will put a 10' V on a 250 if you want it on there, they will advise against it, but will do it anyway. Other dealers won't put a plow on a crew cab chevy. Call another dealer.

3. 09sg

09sg Junior Member

I have no experience in this field but obviously you do. What is your opinion?

4. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

You can go to Western's website at www.westernplows.com, and click on the Quickmatch tab at the top of the page. Choose the correct selection for each field, in reference to your particular truck. You'll need to know front and rear axle weight ratings, and total GVWR, and it will tell you whether Western and Ford recommend that plow for your particular truck.

5. wcb607a

wcb607a Junior Member
    from NJ

I currently have 2 wide-outs. One on a 2008 f350 diesel and one on a 2004 f250 gasser. No problems at all.

6. Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel Senior Member
    from Sharon

I put f550 front springs on my truck with air bags. 2010 f350 srw. I carry a 9' fisher mc. Weight is over 1000lbs. Holds it nicely. Find a dealer to put it on , then upgrade ur suspension

7. 09sg

09sg Junior Member

don't think the chart recommends i use it. Front axle of 5600 total 11,500

8. Evil Diesel

from Sharon

What does ur door say for ur front axle rating

9. 09sg

09sg Junior Member

front axle rating 5600

10. Evil Diesel

from Sharon

That is light. U need to do front springs

11. Evil Diesel

from Sharon

Order some x code springs. U ll be good. Sunrise Ford. Awsome pricing. Fast shipping

12. 09sg

09sg Junior Member

thanks much for the educated information

13. JohnDeere2320

JohnDeere2320 Member

I believe your truck is also available with a 6,000lb front axle capacity, perhaps you get it with the plow prep package? Not sure on the Fords but that is how it went with my Chevy. My concern would be a warranty denial on the part of Ford if you put a plow on the truck without plow prep, or a plow that puts the front axle over its rating.

14. 09sg

09sg Junior Member

having the plow installed at weeks end. I will check with local Ford dealer and ask about my warranty. Good info thanks!