1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wideout-Major hydraulic leak

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Andrewe, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Andrewe

Andrewe Junior Member

Brand new wideout. First storm using it. There are no angle stops or something isn't programmed correctly. Full angle right or left the cylinder end cap hits where it's mounted to plow. So now end cap(nut) is smashed and ruined the seal. Should be warranty Anyone else with this problem
    *besides this problem best plow I've ever owned. Would like to put one on rest of the fleet but want make sure this isn't the norm.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Huh? Are you saying the cylinders are retracting too far

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Pictures on.this

4. Andrewe

Andrewe Junior Member

Yes they are retracting too far. Have picture but can't post on mobile?

5. 1olddogtwo

What type of phone?

6. Andrewe

Andrewe Junior Member

IPhone on crome

image.jpg

7. Andrewe

Andrewe Junior Member

Ok looks like I figured out how post picture. The nut is coming in contact with the frame. Smashed the nut and ruined the seal.

8. dieselss

Any stops on the d-frame?

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Uh oh.....looks like something got screwed up during manufacturing.

10. dieselss

Monday or Friday plow I bet

11. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Kinda like the picture that went up a few weeks ago of unprimed and unpainted metal on a Fisher?

12. Andrewe

Andrewe Junior Member

Pictures of frame

image.jpg

13. Andrewe

Andrewe Junior Member

I see no stops. Any wideout owners see anything different on mine compared to yours? What limits your angle travel. The above side(drivers) is one that is messed up. My first picture shows a gap but it will hit. Does so pretty hard

14. Andrewe

Andrewe Junior Member

Small metal balls that came out of the power tubes or whatever there called that run entire back of plow. Blasting media I'm pretty sure. Why would that be in there.

image.jpg

15. 1olddogtwo

The shot blast is normal its from them cleaning the steel before the Ultra finished is applied

No stops. Just A-frame to push beam and two cylinders

You sure you know I'm a pile too hard when angled? I've personally destroyed two WO's but never had an issue like yours. I killed one in 25 hours.

16. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

I've got mine sitting at full angle right now and the nut is about 1/8" away from the mount were the pin goes in? Olddog is right no blade stops.. possibly wrong slightly longer cylinder from a different plow.. vary weird.. curious to hear what your dealer fids

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  17. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

One of two things wrong... Either the hole for the pin is drilled in the wrong place or the ram is too short. Either way it's a bad ram and should be replaced under warranty.

Re the shot you found in the tube. That is normal, it is what they use to blast the metal clean, as previously stated, and sometimes a bit sticks in side. That has nothing to do with the ram problem.

18. Andrewe

Andrewe Junior Member

Going to dealer on Friday. What problems did you have olddog? I figured it was media from blasting but shouldn't it all be gone before they paint.

19. 1olddogtwo

That's a long story....

I'm sure they'll take of you, the dealer will take pics, render their opinion to Western. If they deny you, let me know but I'm sure you'll be ok

20. horizon jay

horizon jay Member

OP What did you find out?
    Put one together today and it seems real close. No visible damage on paint after some side to side action tho.
    Does that look normal? Now Im curious. Its a brand new wideout.

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1775.jpg

IMG_1776.jpg