1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wideout install?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Showmestaterida, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

How long did it take to assemble the blade? how hard is it? total time for install?

2. Showmestaterida

3. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I have never done a Wide-Out but I did two MVP's this year. The first one took me and a buddy prolly 24 hours start to finish, but I read the instructions severel times for each step and really took my time. The second one only took about half that time. Its not bad but you will need a second pair of hands for a few steps. Oh and an impact or cordless impact will be your best friend on this project, it will cut down the time considerablly. Good luck

4. Showmestaterida

Holy s***! Was that with an impact? Was there anything tricky or just lots of parts to assemble? Does anything come together? or all seperate?

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

wow...wideout comes mostly together, attach the moldboard to the a-frame with two pins add the the legs/locking pins....a few hoses and u still have a beer left from the 6 pack

6. 1olddogtwo

almost like this, you add the lights and set your plates for your config

IMG_20100907_183735.jpg

7. Showmestaterida

Thats it. Looks like it will be alot easier then I thought. Great. All of them come like that?

8. 1olddogtwo

follow the hose lay out carefully for the wings....remenber the moldboard not only moves left to right.. it trips....u need to cross the pairs in a high half loop

9. Showmestaterida

I take it you have to install all the hoses and fittings? Nothing extreme?

10. 1olddogtwo

i take pic's tomorrow for you....its simple.