1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wideout hinged back drag?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jgoetter1, Jan 1, 2016.

1. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

I know several guys have fabricated their own hinged backdrag cutting edges; I don't have the fab skills or time.

Has anyone purchased a hinged backdrag edge, if so where? I need one for a Western wideout.

Thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure why you'd need a hinged one?

3. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

Did the research - seems like the hinged design is superior. I'm concerned that with the fixed backdrag edge, ice will build up between the two edges. Westerns fixed edge is about $100. I'd consider a hinged edge for $200?

4. andersman02

andersman02 Senior Member

This is good info, I would absolutely not get the bolt on one's, only hinged. Around here they run $300-400 fabbed. You could maybe call aspen equipment in Bloomington here and see if they can fab and mail one. Will be spend though

5. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

$400 seems costly - I'm surprised no one on Plowsite has tried to mass produce & sell these hinged backdrag cutting edges.

How about you guys that have built your own?? Are you willing to produce a couple more?

6. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

the reason no one has tried to " mass produce & sell these hinged backdrag" is people are too cheep to spend the $$ a good hinged BD will cost $300 - $400 with
    " I'd consider a hinged edge for $200? "
    and
    "$400 seems costly"
    why would any one make one?