1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wideout 1st storm

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by WNYSeasonalSvs., Dec 1, 2009.

1. WNYSeasonalSvs.

WNYSeasonalSvs. Junior Member
    from WNY

1st storm with our brand new wideout. 10 min into the lot the decals on the blade face ALL fell/came off. I hope this isn't a sign to come, what's up with that?
    On a positive note, the snow didn't stick to the blade either. Easily out pushed the MVP & straight blade in HEAVY WET snow w/o any ballast in the back either (yet).

How do I go about getting new ones & will they be any better?
    Think Western may have used the same batch of glue as the NYS DMV did for thier inspection stickers this year?
  2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

My Western sticker on the main moldboard came off on the 2nd storm last year, but the wing stickers are still on.
  3. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

while I understand hating seeing the decals rubbed off.........I don't think it is a big deal
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I couldn't care less about stickers and decals.
  5. niederhauser la

niederhauser la Member
    from Utah

My decals came off as well but who cares? Plows are holding up awesome!
  6. WNYSeasonalSvs.

from WNY

Not really a big deal, just thought it was unusual for them to come off after 10min of plowing.
    My MVP's stickers held on 6-7yrs until I had to scrape them off to repaint the plows.
  7. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

email Western, they will send you a new set for free. They did for me and others on here that refurbed their plows.
  8. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

9. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I heard they up your horse power, especially on rice burners with fart can mufflers.
  10. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Decals dont push snow-does it really matter?
  11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I gotta get me one of those
  12. Mustang

Mustang Member
    from NY

I've heard the wideout doesn't scrape very well. Are you guys finding this to be true?
  13. WNYSeasonalSvs.

from WNY

I've only had the chance to push a few inches of extremely wet snow & it scraped that up extremely well.
    I've gotten used to poly edges & being able to push up on lawns w/o lifting the blade much. So I'd say it scrapes lawn & gravel up pretty good too. lol
    Poly edges are great for virtually eliminating turf damage, bad on hardpack but great squeegee effect.

Can't comment on hardpack or rolling the snow with how wet it was.
    Slid off the blade quite well when angled and carried way more than with a V.
    On a light storm in a decent sized lot I can easily see knocking at least 1/3 of the time off.