1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wide price ranges

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by turbo38sfi, Nov 16, 2009.

1. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

Looking for an 8100 PP and the price swings between dealers on a cash and carry is amazing!

I've gotten prices from 4900 to 6100 for th same product, no installation!

Granted the more plows you buy, the cheaper you can buy them for, but 1200 bux difference..pretty amazing.

Anyone aware of a cheaper than 4900 price?

2. canoebuildah

canoebuildah Senior Member

Have you checked with Portsmouth Ford? I know that their partner Wiscasset Ford in Maine is is cheaper than the other southern ME Blizzard dealer. I have not checked prices this year so I can't give you any current prices.

3. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

Yes, I did. They were the 4900 price. Wicasset is owned by the same company and their price is the same as Portsmouth except there's no 6% sales tax in NH :)

4. jhook

jhook Senior Member

A couple of years ago I came from Canada to Portsmouth FordM. They were the best price I could find. I bought one plow installed and one in the crate. Was very happy to deal there and saved a ton of cash. These plows up here go for almost $8000 this year for some reason.

5. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

I've got an appointment there for Friday. How was the install? I've heard mixed reviews. I plan to go over every nut and bolt and wire added to the truck to make sure it's right. For 200 bux...it's worth it to get the plow hung then just inspect everything.

6. jhook

jhook Senior Member

No problems here. It only took them a few hours and I haven't touched that install job since. i think it has been 3 years now. Would definitely go again. in fact I talked to them this fall but I wanted an older style plow and they didn't have any left or I would have gone and got another one from them.

7. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

Thanks for the info. I'm torn on which controller I want. Leaning towards the traditional joystick..smaller than the old boxy one. Don't think I'd like the fishstick.