1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wide outs ??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Marek, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Marek

Marek Senior Member

We bought a few wide outs this season, think we are going to like them if we ever get enough snow to really use them. Has anyone made thier own delfectors for the wide outs ? Also they seem like they are going to wear down the wing cutting edges pretty fast, whats the solution to this ?

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I made two, both failed

The 3rd just covered the center to the wings, I simple piece of steel and rubber. It worked ok. On my 2nd wideout I bought the western one and it worked better.

For wing repleacement, Falline Products have the tips at a good price. XLS and Wideout share the same rubber.

3. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

Love my wide out still works great!!! old dogg is right westerns snow deflectors works and gives more height.. Im just starting my first yr with new edges and bought the fall line ones too... once they where in to match the steel edge there great. I regret my MVP but made wings for it so now its a wideout V 11' wide its amazing... old dogg would probably agree...

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I loved my WO, but it was replaced with a 9'6 SS Vee wings.

5. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

Some day if we ever get a real winter, I will replace my 8' Fisher HD a Fisher XLS. But that'll have to wait for when hell freezs over!