1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wide out

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jbart06, Oct 12, 2015.

1. jbart06

jbart06 Member

Anyone have any thoughts on the wideout vs prodigy? Im getting one or the other price wise the prodigy seems like the choice while the versatility seems great w the wideout.

2. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

while they are very similar and seem like they can do the same job. obviously they both scoop, row and the prodigy can be locked out to full straight 10 ft (manually) the prodigy will never act as an 8 ft straight blade. which would be good for residential. so the wide out is just better in my opinion.

3. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

We've found Wideout's way more popular than Prodigy's. We have trouble moving any Prodigy's, although we have sold some with the skid steer setup. They have worked well for those.
    BTW, we are clearancing out our remaining Blizzard Speedwings for a really low prices, if anyone in the Des Moines area is in the market for some of those.

4. jbart06

jbart06 Member

Pm me with pricing on the blizzards. I used to have the blizzard straight blade and loved it.