1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wide out with pro wings?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jsadlowski26, Oct 6, 2014.

1. jsadlowski26

jsadlowski26 Junior Member

Im going to be purchasing a western wide-out plow and was wondering if you can also put pro wings on the wings of the plow or if they will interfere with the plow?

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Pretty sure the inner mounting pin will be an issue. Plus you are already talking about a 1000# plus plow, do really want to add more weight to it?

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I wouldn't worry about the weight as much as I would the added force on the pivot point. You'll probably rip a wing off. It's easy enough to do without pro wings.

4. jsadlowski26

i have read great reviews on the wideout and then you go and tell me the wideout wings will rip right off or the pro wings?

5. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

so let me get this straight you want wings on your wings so you can push snow with your wideout with wings?

6. jsadlowski26

thats what im saying, want to get close to an 11ft span.

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yes that's exactly what I'm telling you......I can easily see the Wideout wings ripping off on the first curb or parking bumper you accidentally hit.....not to mention excessive "normal" wear causing it. The Wideout plow wings aren't made for that kind of force. I run early Blizzards that are way heavier duty and still would never attempt it. And I overdo everything. Not to mention, I don't quite know how you'd plan to attach them with still allowing the factory wings to go into the slide boxes.

If you want an 11' plow, buy an 11' plow. Or at least a Blizzard 8611.

What kind of truck are we talking here?

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I see no real good way to mount then up. There's not a lot of strength in then wings.

9. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

There is a company that makes wings for the expanding plow I seen them on here in a thread

10. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I destroyed two WO's, never had a wing problem, NEVER. With that being said, I would NOT add ANY type of wings. Its just NOT a good idea for many reasons. I think the danger wings were available for the 810/8611.

Oh with added prowings, total would be over 12ft.

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Not in scoop :mechanic:

12. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Be careful in Michigan.....They have 9 Foot width law....Not enforced a lot but there is one.....Have the ticket to prove......:gunsfiring:

That's plenty enough plow you don't need to be slappy wings on there....:salute:

13. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Just can't help myself.

10646729_874230112594911_163192422748935250_n.jpg

14. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

If you want to be 11' wide then you should get a 9.5' MVP3 and put wings on it. Or just buy a Blizzard 86110LP.

15. 1olddogtwo

True that. Mine MVP3 is 11'6". And holds more snow and stacks higher.

16. 1olddogtwo

Agreed.....

17. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

that photo made my day :laughing:

18. ultimate09

ultimate09 Junior Member

If your looking for wings for an expanding plow check with Jerre at www.jerres.com and look up his danger wings. He's been upgrading and mounting these on the early blizzards for years. I would assume he would also be able to do this for a wideout.