1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WIDE OUT ON 01 F250 Diesel????

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by axl, Nov 14, 2009.

1. axl

axl Senior Member

I know that according to the western website the Wide Out is too heavy for that truck but I was just curious if others have done it. I would definitely plan on putting a set of Timbrens in the front. Or if you guys think that going another route would be better let me know.

2. fourspeedfish

fourspeedfish Member

its an 2001, my guess out of warranty??

Put it on, dont plow stupid, and use the hell out of it.

If you are that worried buy a dodge and you would not even have to ask...:D

3. axl

axl Senior Member

LOL....Just wasnt sure if the combination of the 7.3 Diesel and that heavy plow would be too much for the front suspension or not.

4. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Get your self a set of "X" Code front springs, about 2 hours worth of garage time and you'll be all set to hang anything off the front of that you want. You won't even need the Timbrens which will probably cost almost at much.

5. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Or an add a leaf set up or a used set from another truck and add in the third spring. That truck will handle the wideout fine.
    J

6. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

Go ahead and put it on. i would run about 500# counter balance in the bed of the truck and expext steering to be a little diffucult but not to bad. Also give yourself a little extra distance for breaking.

7. firedawg1983

firedawg1983 Member

one of my buddies put one on his f-250 he just switched to the 6000 lb rated coils to the front and works like a charm

8. wls

wls Senior Member

I had a 810, on a 2002 f-250, added timbrens, one of the better plow trucks I have had.

9. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

I have a wideout on a 2002 dodge 2500 diesel and have had no problems and did nothing with the front end but then again its a dodge! lol

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Do you have plow prep? If not you need to change the clutch fan.