1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

why

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by rick4wd, Dec 10, 2009.

1. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

why does fisher only recommend the homesteader for an 03 tundra ?

THAT PLOW WAS NOT ONE FISHERS BRIGHT IDEAS TRIP RETURN IS TO SLOW

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Have you recieved the recall on your truck yet for the rotting frame? Not being a dick, I just heard that they extended the recall's to the Tundra's and are replacing frames like they've done on the Tacoma's (2000-2004's).

I've seen your style Tundra with a Poly Boss 7'6" plow so maybe you could look into them?

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Its not fishers fault, you bought a truck with a low front end GVW.

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Couldn't of said it any better. :nod:

5. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

It's a homesteader made to your driveway and maybe one or two others. If you want it to act like a heavy duty plow you should of bought a heavy duty. There are plenty of other plows you could have bought for that truck, the company's that build plows have to recommend what is LEGALLY safe, that doesn't mean you can't use a different model.

6. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Hey man, don't get mad. I have an 07 Tundra and love the truck but the answer is what these guys are telling you. Half tons aren't made to plow with! PERIOD! I got a 3/4ton Dodge for that. Don't get me wrong, it can be done but it will kill the truck. Sorry.........

7. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

i just do my own my sister and a friend truck does fine plow trips good but the return sucks to slow this all plan to this year and probably mine and sister next?

8. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

We plow with a Tundra. It's got a sno-way plow on it. It does good but still not solid feeling like a 3/4 ton

This truck only has 504 miles on it. It has never left the lot.. lol

tundra plow1.jpg

9. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

well ok but I'm not buy 3/4 ton or bigger just my own and sister i wouldn't break even plus it all how plow and treat your truck. a guy i know plows with a 1/2 ton has for years does about 13 accounts and does fine never had problem except paint issues on truck.

and anther guy has plowed with an s10 and as 20 accounts and as had no problems except plow rot

s

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  10. plowguy43

Look into that boss plow like I said, they're nice plows.

11. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

i have they are nice if was going to plow more then that i would bye a 3/4 ton or bigger but dont have room for more trucks plus wife does wont any more vehicles in yard (DON'T DISSAGEE WITH THE BOSS LOL)

12. plowguy43

No, what I was saying is I saw your exact same truck with a 7'6" Poly Plow by Boss. So I'd assume they make a "real" plow for your truck, and not just a homesteader style plow.

13. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Boss, Snoway, SnowDogg and Meyer all make plows that'll work on your Tundra.

14. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

Kill the truck? The operator will kill the truck, not the fact that its a half ton. Ive always plowed with half tons, as a matter of fact, the 1 ton dodge i used to plow with broke every friggin storm on paved parking lots. Myf150 loves all of my driveways, even the long dirt ones....even with a fisher HD plow.

15. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

I didn't mean to offend anyone. It's all about where and what you are plowing. I'm sure half tons do just fine in a lot of situations. And given the circumstance this gentleman has explained, I'm sure he will be happy with any plow. That HT looks like a good plow for 1/2 tons as does Boss's SD or even HD.
    Back to the original question, the answer is because it is a half ton.........pretty straight forward.

16. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

i total agree

17. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I have read this thread and it is terrible. Rick your typing skills and grammer are less than adequate. Piss poor spelling and grammer make reading threads difficult, as does ridiculously large text that makes no sense. This goes for everyone not just you.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  18. plowguy43

what are you mean?

19. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

Do you have the three rubber trip "springs" on the front or were one or more removed?

Given the light weight of the plow, mine returns instantly.

There should be three and if you need to replace one, they are ridiculously expensive compared to steel springs.

20. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

yes

yes it has 3 thy look OK. can you put real springs on the homesteader. like the plow hydraulics respond quick and works well for what i need. just doesn't trip back quick