1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MGoBluePlow!, Nov 22, 2006.

1. MGoBluePlow!

MGoBluePlow! Junior Member

Why did you guys choose Ford trucks? I am not trying to start a flame war, I am just looking for some real answers.

2. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

My Grandpa always drove Ford trucks, I wanted to be like him when I was little and I guess that still hasn't changed, Grandpa has passed on now, but since I started at 16 I'm on my 10 Ford truck. They have been from 65 -95, I currently have a 79 and a 95, I love Fords, but don't know if I'd buy a new one with Ford promoting the homosexual agenda like they have been.

3. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

to each their own, i guess its all with karma, ive had some crappy trucks and some good trucks.....of each brand...

i like to stick to what i know, we have 3 '95-style fords with 7.3 and my old 85 6.9 diesel in the family......all are basically the same, easy to work on....easier on the toolbox and parts supply cabinet for oil changes...etc...and none have ever had any catastrophic problems, mine is up to 355k, my dads is at 245k and my brothers is at 135k...

ive always felt dodges were more of a play truck with those cloth interiors and cloth door panels, i liked the work style, ive hosed out my superduty plenty of times..

and the chevys were more of a low rider cruising truck i wouldnt mind taking on a long trip somewhere....

not saying fords are better for any one reason, every brand has their quirks and every truck is different, sometimes you get a winner and sometimes a loser

and also maybe its like smith said, that black '85 my dad bought new, and i spent every day of my life in that truck driving from construction site to construction site from age 3 to age 6 when i waqs old enough to go to school.....learned to tie my shoes in that truck, and always had a dream of being just like him, having, at the time, what everyone around him thought was the king of work trucks..so since the age of 12 when my dad switched over to a new suburban, which i reently but a brand new crate motor in, ive been anbitious to restore it to how it looked 15 years before

just ford always gets the job done and still nice enough to go out on the town on saturday night

Last edited: Nov 22, 2006
  4. MGoBluePlow!

Huh? Homosexual agenda?

5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I have had all thre major brands and liked them all for some reasons and hated some for other reasons. It all comes down to what type of deal and what type of service you can get on them to me. I am not going to pay $6,000 more for a Chevy than I can get a Ford just because it is a Chevy. I bought my F250 because it was priced right and love the look of the superduties. As long as it is "American" I will buy it lol! Cars on the other hand...

6. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

MGoBluePlow! "Huh? Homosexual agenda?" I guess most people don't know or get this draw to thier attention. I'm a christian, a believer in Jesus Christ and as such I believe the bible is true and it condems homosexuallity, Ford has been making significant donations to homsexual groups and causes, I have issues with that, and don't want to support a company that does such. A while back Ford told some of the christian orginizations it would stop, but they have not. I know about the support from a few christian orginizations I get updates from and from a friend of mines dad who works for Ford. I'm not saying that I hate homosexuals, just that God condems that as sin. I hope you understand what I'm sayinf here, if anybody thinks I'm being off key write me and give me a chance to respond.

7. MGoBluePlow!

I wasn't trying to diss you or anything like that. I honestly didn't know about their homosexual agenda, though. Thanks for informing me.

8. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

MGoBluePlow! I didn't think you were, just clairifying what I was talking about. It's all good.

9. BobC

BobC Senior Member

Both have their + & -. For my last 2 trucks I chose Ford for what eq. was offered for the price. Example Ford F550 Power Stroke 4x4 dump was a few thousand less than 4500 2wd Duramax dump, so its Ford that I chose.

10. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

I chose Ford because I was brought up around them, and I love the style, interior of the Fords...Plus I know alot of them that are getting worked hard everyday without a hiccup!! I absolutely Love mine, my dads got an 05, moms got an 03 150 that she bought new and only has about 20 k on it LOL...But everyone has their own opinion! I would not own anything but a Ford! :D

11. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

I bought my Ford specifically for snowplowing. When I looked at the suspensions on the other makes, the Fords just seemed stronger. So, I had to go with what I felt worked.

However, I will say this....EVERY organization, auto maker or otherwise, is involved in some kind of practices that are contrary to bible teachings.

So, sometimes, you need to pick your battles. Otherwise, we'd all be naked and riding horses.

12. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

I don't know. Sometimes I love them. Sometimes I hate them. I am sure eventually I will buy something else. I have owned five.

13. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

I have been with Ford since the beginning, and that is because I think that they are the most rugged truck. I have had 2 power wagons, and I have a 75 IH 1 ton, and those are the kinds of trucks I like. Ford is just the most similar to those, and I can't stand independant suspention. I would go with Dodge, but I feel Chrystler has cheapened them up since they bought them. I do think that Chevy has done a great job at making a truck a compfortable and fancy truck, but in doing so, they have taken away the ruggedness a truck should have. There is also the fact that I keep a truck for at least 25 years.

P.S. Imagine a scale with compfort on one side, and ruggedness on the other. Now find where you want your truck to be on that scale, and you have chosen your truck.

-Thann

14. Bigblue250

Bigblue250 Member

Aside from the fact that I have always had a Ford, my father, and grandfather, etc... The IH engine is a good reason too.

15. Fusion Fab

Fusion Fab Junior Member

I currently own one of each brand, American that is. Dodge is my play truck, Chevy is my parts runner, My Ford is my heavy hauler. I have owned 9 Ford trucks, 2 Chevys, and 1 dodge, I would have to say they all have there problems, even Fords but they are my prefernce for heavy haulers. I have an f-450 and Chevy dosent offer that GVWR in the small chassis, and dodge, well they have no limited cab chassis options and i dont wanna shift gears all day i wont buy there current automatic. Just my 2 cents

16. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i first ford truck i bought was in 1995, i bought a 1991 f 350 with a 7.3. the reason i bought it was because at the time ford was the "working man's" truck. still seems to be true. also like the 7.3 vs the 6.5 diesel that GM had. still have this old truck and it runs strong as it ever did. it hauls around our 3 yard swenson spreader.

17. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Real answers to what ??? motor, pulling capacity the list could go on forever, you need to be more specific.

18. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Tell me, why do you guys choose Chevy? Is it the smooth but not rugged ride that the Independant suspention offers? Or is it the Feline-inspired front end look? or is it all those creature comfort options that make you feel like you are in a friggin Cadilac? No truck is good for anything, but here is how it lays out. If you want a rugged but uncompfortable truck, go with a Ford, If you want a technological marvel and a nice smooth ride, but a kind of a woosy truck, go with a Chevy. I choose the rugged truck, and screw the ride and creature features. It's all in what you need fellows.

-Thann

19. omsk

omsk Junior Member

I've been an auto/light truck tech for 20 years, and during most of that time I serviced trucks for a large number of commercial users - landscapers, plumbers, contractors, etc.

In general the Fords seemed to hold up the best, and work the hardest, while requiring the least amount of modification or "monkey business" to meet the needs of their owners.

When it cam time for me to buy a new truck I looked at all 3 - the Superduty won out based on the size of the cab and the deal I got.

A few years later I was shopping to move up from my 250 to a 350, and from an extended cab to a crew cab. Again cab size was a major factor, the lack of a straight axle on the GM products put them out of the running, and 75,000 trouble free miles on my first Superduty sealed the deal.

As of today I have put 175,000 miles on 2 Superdutys under various conditions - daily commuter, travel bus, plowing, farming, towing a 21,000lb equipment trailer, etc.

I plan on keeping this one - but if I have to buy again it'll be another Superduty.

Gregg

20. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Thanks OMSK, good input, I love hearing from guys that have more miles on there trucks then mine, I noticed you said you plan on keeping the one you have now, I was also glad to hear as I plan on keeping the one have as well, no more upgrading for a while the cost is getting to high.