1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice
  1. Kentuckydiesel

Kentuckydiesel Senior Member

Why would a person want a short A-frame on a plow rather than a standard legnth one? Thanks, Phillip

2. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

to create less of a moment arm, therefore less weight off the end of their truck i'm guessing.

3. Kentuckydiesel

Kentuckydiesel Senior Member

I can understand that, but it seems like the loss of lift highth would negate the benifit of a shorter arm. ??????? -Phillip

4. frostservices

frostservices Member

Alot of (2wd plows) have shorter a frames but I don`t think they will plow near as nice for one I`ve heard the blade comes up when your plowing worse,but that may have more to do with the fact that those plows are lighter too.
    Seth

5. bcf

bcf Senior Member

I don't think that less lift would be too much of a problem. As long as you can lift the plow over a curb with the motor, the chain will just slack if the plow goes up any further.