1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

why

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by rick4wd, Jan 3, 2011.

1. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

why does fisher only offer the homesteder for the 03 tundra and myers you can get a vee for it

2. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

Probably because fisher makes a heavy duty plow. they are also just alot heavier then meyers plows just in general. Hell, the fisher HT almost weighs the same as the meyers 7.5 V. And just for comparison: Fisher 7.6 V = 821 lbs. Meyer 7.6 V = 582. So I will just go ahead and say its a weight issue. I dont think I would hang a meyers on my truck even if it was given to me... Plowed with them a few times (other peoples trucks) and they are just pure garbage... granted my fisher has given me some issues but nothing like the meyers. Hope this helps.

3. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

thats why i want the ht i have homesteder now and its a great plow but would like a trip edge. i was thinking of putting springs on the homesteder instead of those rubber bands

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

You should just go to the Fisher dealer and tell them you want the HT. If they say they don't make push plates for your truck have them fabricate some for your truck. It mite cost more but, it would definatly be worth it.

5. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

Does the truck have a frame ? Velcro would only hold so much j/k ?

6. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

my meyer STP weighs 738 lbs and the fisher 9' HD weighs 745 lbs and the fisher x blade weighs 742 lbs

7. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

i think on my next truck im going to go with the fisher XLS

8. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

9. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

i would love but no dealer will do it around here

10. mercer_me

If you want to travel, Trail Side Performance in Winslow Maine will put on on for you. I bought my SD from them. They toled me they would put any plow I wanted on my Tundra. There exact words was, "I will put any plow on your truck. If you wanted me to I would put a 9' on it but, I can't garuntee you will like it."

11. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

this what fisher said--- Hi Rick,

Thanks for the question. The short answer to you question is we care more about the safe installation of a plow then about making a sale. We work with the vehicle manufacturers and complete testing to ensure we have top notch safety rating when we recommend a plow for a vehicle. I hope the helps. Thanks again for contacting us. Have a good day!

Take care,

Fisher Snowplow

12. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

well a welding shop in the next town will make me a mount for anything i want just need a to find a fisher plow that weights 475 to 540 prefer a fisher

13. mercer_me

The Fisher 7.5' SD weighs about 500lb.

14. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

is that compleate any one on here have one used

15. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Rick;

If you decide to buy a Myers plow; for gods sake make sure they throw in a "spare motor" with it as if you dare read the threads under Myers plow on here . 90% of the threads are all consirning the motors shorting out and not working correctly! And there are a bunch of guys that run them that will NOT leave the yard without a spare motor they are THAT bad................... comparing them; would be like comparing a Gremlin to a Mercedes Benz.............. you could have a problem with ANY plow we all know that; And Myers Plows have been around for a long time . Back in the 70's when they were about half price almost everyone around here that owned one was imeadiately sorry after one season they were so much lighter and flop over the minute you put any load in front of them . One old guy around here that was a fisher guy used to say those myers plows are a "porkrind outfit"
    Hey if you live in Wilton NH and get storms over a foot of wet snow commonly you dont want to get mixed up in a lightweight plow............... have some one fab up some pushplates and get a decent plow................... If you lived where they would be getting mostly 6" and less per storm; and was only going to plow your own paved; level; driveway you would be fine with a Myers; if you get into larger amounts of snow they just dont push that well and flop over and you drive over the snow you were trying to plow!! [Do you know your selectman; Chris Guiry????]

16. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

no don't know him why

17. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Just wondered he is an old customer of ours here at the lodge.................... he does Dentistry right from his house ........... good guy.
    Good Luck with the plow . Hope it all works out for ya...........