1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why you shouldn't pass out fliers!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Mar 3, 2010.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Man delivering snow-removal fliers slides off driveway, gets stuck
    By lehighvalleylive.com

When you're delivering snow-removal fliers, the one thing you don't want to do is wreck in the snow.

But that's allegedly what happened last week to Joseph Arnold, 49, of the 1600 block of Rosalie Drive in Lower Saucon Township, Pa., township police report today.

Arnold's vehicle slid off a driveway at 1519 Noahs Circle and became stuck on a boulder, causing damage to the property, police said. The vehicle had to be towed off the rock and Arnold was able to drive it away.

But that doesn't mean he got away. He will be cited for soliciting door to door without a permit, police report.
  2. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

R O F L M A O:laughing:
  3. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

lol figures it has to happen near me :rolleyes::rolleyes:
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Can you show us the tires you had on when you got stuck.
  5. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

HAHA. Caught in the act!
  6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

It cost him money instead of making him money.
  7. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Lol, hope he doesn't expect to get that customer now.
  8. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

not for nothing, but why would anyone hire a guy who's handing out flyers in a snowstorm and not plowing? Shoulda passed out flyers in October if he thought it was such a great idea
  9. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Obviously that driveway needed serviced, would not have been slippery if proper service was rendered. Should go back and make his case....:D
  10. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

oooooo you got me!
  11. DEN54650

DEN54650 Junior Member
    from 54650

Just curious if anyone had any success with flyers? I tried them with my carpet cleaning business without any luck at all. I did have some success with door knob advertisements that I would put on some of the ajacent homes I would be cleaning.
    It's cheap advertisement, and I expected a lot better results from it, but no luck!
  12. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Not good............
  13. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

When I first started my business I put out 1,000 or more fliers with no luck, I think maybe one person called in regards to a job, the rest called to inform me that they were annoyed with my advertising method and that it also might have been illegal. I don't think I'll ever be passing out fliers again.
  14. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I must get at least 4 or 5 flyers a week on my front door 6 months out of the year . Every business that you can imagine. Wonder if in my town you need a permit. They all go in the garbage