1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

why you don't let painters plow

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by plownoob, Feb 16, 2014.

1. plownoob

plownoob Senior Member
    from ny

This guy can't even plow a sidewalk without getting stuck.

2. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Would probably get out ok if he had some weight in the back.
  3. OldSchoolPSD

OldSchoolPSD Senior Member

I can't say a whole lot, we kept a backhoe busy pulling out my trucks this last storm. 5 stucks that I know about, that doesn't count the drivers that pulled each other out and won't fess up to getting stuck lol.
  4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

That's a lot of snow..
  5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Honest question here but dont you guys plow with the storm? We got 14" here last week and it was business as usual. We had to make 5-6 rounds and the worst thing was one lot I did had about 4-5" in it by the time I got back to it.
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like the plow frame got hung up on the curb.
  7. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping Senior Member

hell of a sidewalk to be plowing it with a truck…and its a church, no sander in the truck so some poor lady doesn't slip?
  8. grandview

Must be that plowsite hack JTVLandscaping trying to plow.;)
  9. OldSchoolPSD

OldSchoolPSD Senior Member

We plow with the storm. Its was just the perfect combination of snow and ice to make everything really slick.

Every stuck was the result of driver laziness though. The road temperature was warm enough that we weren't putting material down, and they were too lazy to drive back to the salt dome and fill up. Every truck I pulled out had an empty hopper and was barely off the edge of the road... they would have all done just fine with a little weight on the drive axle or if the driver had chained up BEFORE they got stuck. After the 3rd or 4th time I had to get out of bed I called everyone and told them if I caught them with an empty hopper they were going to sit the rest of the storm out.
  10. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Maybe if he was in Vee mode he would have made it
  11. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Yeah weight is your best friend in deep snow! Ive barely had to use 4wd this year even in that 14"er last week. A v box full of salt is the perfect combo.
  12. greg8872

greg8872 Member

He was headed downhill too. Here is a google map street view of the area in the photo. http://goo.gl/maps/cGRBI

Awesome church inside, I've only been to it for Christmas services with my ex-inlaws each year.
  13. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

A lot of snow, was not in V mode and the biggest thing I see is no weight in the bed. I have basically the same truck, mega cab, on 35s. I had 800-900lbs in the bed last storm. The ole girl tanked through everything.

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

Plow rode on top of the snow, got to pay attention before its too late
  15. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

My guess is more to do with down hill than anything else. Ive only gotten hung up this year in a loading dock and almost took out the truck next to me. It just wanted to go sideways for some reason not reverse. Oh well it happens to everyone.
  16. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Is that a Dodge?
  17. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

A heavy v blade on the front doesn't help much if there's no ballast weight.
  18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

5-6 times for 14" of snow?

How long are your routes and\or how long did it take to get to 14"?

That's way more labor, fuel and wear and tear than I'd want to expend on 14" of snow.
  19. grandview

Belinda could do it in half the time.Thumbs Up
  20. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic