1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why won't sno-way make?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by mike_09, Dec 28, 2005.

1. mike_09

mike_09 Member
    from Ohio

Why wont sno-way make a power plow like blizzards 810? They should cause they would make a killing on these plows with d/p. Does sno-way have any plans in making on yet?

2. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Because they already have a reliable product that many people already buy. Maybe one day they will all be like blizzards but it takes time to develop things.
    Blizzard used the power wings as its main selling point.

3. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I'm guessing it's less that and more a copyright or patent infringement.

4. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Power Wings

While I do not know the exact details, Blizzard (now owned by Douglas Dynamics), has a patent on the power wing technology. Sno-Way has many patents, one of them being Down Pressure. That is why no other plow manufacturer offers Down Pressure. Our most recent patent, EIS Lighting System, eliminates relays and modules in the lighting system.

Manufacturers put patents on technology to protect others from copying it.

I hope this answers your question.

5. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

sno-way

Sno-way is the power plow. They always lead the way with new concepts & technology. The downpressure power assist to attach/detatch the plow is sweet! 30 seconds with a little practice!:nod: