1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

why should I buy a new plow instead of an older model

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by GSS LLC, Sep 23, 2012.

1. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

What reasons can be had to buy new over used? Besides having a warranty. Plows have gone from hydro over electric, to cable operated, to today. What advances have come to plows making them work better and be more efficient?

Has anything changed over lets say, the last 10 years.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Get a good deal buy a used one.
  3. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

That's what I do now. Average plow I have is 5-8 years old. Just wanted to see what else is out there that may benefit people to buy a new or 1-2 year old plow instead of 5-10 year old plows
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well for you first q? New over used. Some of the issues of used,,condition, functionability, parts,work needed, and price . The deals you could get on a 1-2 could be better than an older so that might sweeten the deal as well. And last,,major "body" style changes might temp pple to go new for the latest and greatest ok 1more,,,pple might find it easier to pay mor. To have it installed rather then diy
  5. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

With sites like Craigslist in the U.S and Kijiji in Canada, it has become very easy to look for used plows in new condition. Most recently I came across a new condition Boss 8'2 poly V XT with smart locks and deflector that was used one snowfall for 4k with a year and a half warranty left. Also found a new 8'2 steel VXT with full warranty for 5k in Canada.

The deals are out there, you just gotta look for them.
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Electric and mounting system. If you don't have the proper electrics or mounting system you could find it is not supported on your next truck. Nothing wrong with used just be sure it is using a supported system.