1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why oh WHY do they park THERE?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PlowGood, Dec 21, 2008.

1. PlowGood

PlowGood Member

I know the answer is "stupidity". But why do people insist on parking their car right next to the pile of snow you have been pushing into the corner of a parking lot? :realmad:

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Just to piss you off.

3. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

Because theres no snow where you just pushed to the pile so they won't get snow on there shoes!!

4. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

your location says it all

5. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

I just push up a nice big windrow all around the car. Maybe then they will learn a lesson for the next time.

6. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

that's not professional . but don't it make you feel better

7. PlowGood

PlowGood Member

Did that once, and the car owner complained to the store owner who yelled not to do it any more.

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

One of my guys plowed some guy in just a little. Took his finger and wrote on his window "don't park here". The next time the guy was waiting for him and said that he could never put enough snow there to get him stuck. Famous last words, the next time he almost couldn't see his car. A little shoveling involved.

9. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

These idiots should have rules somewhere. One Dont temp the plow guy after hours alone in the truck there isnt anything we cant do.

10. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

One guy I worked with pretty much buried a guys car and I went in the day after to clean up and almost push his car into the pile with the loader. If I hadn't seen a glimmer of green paint I would have mangled it with a 544.

11. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

a lot i used to plow had people that were carpooling out of it and parking thier cars in the way of were we had to plow, owner of the lot left notes on all thier cars telling them that they cannot park there well the next snow they were there again so on insturctions of the lot owner we plowed them in. ended up getting over 2 feet of snow out of that storm, they didnt see thier cars until the end of April and this was in mid Jan.

12. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

lol... for sure

13. jbone

jbone Senior Member

In hopes that maybe youll clean their parking space... Thats when you just start piling snow into their spot!

14. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i have this one lazy apartment complexe... 400 plus spots

they dotn ever move.... so after this big storm ,i decided to bring in the skidsteer, well they all watched and moved at some point.. problem was 1 person would move then i would clean the spot... a few ran right out and got the idea... great...until , mr lazy comes out, 40 mins after im done with that section , to move...he stood out side pointing at his parking spot for 20 mins ... i pretended i didnt see him... and kept going..

my new rule is once i pass that area.. im not turning back

15. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

it never fails...go to do a small mall lot the other day during the storm. theres a bunch of cars parked on one side of the lot so i do the other side first and people catch on, mostly employees and move their cars to the side i already plowed but gotta love the customers. they all park right in the snow and the best is the guy that parks in the snow, sees me so goes back to move his car and moves it it to the back of the lot right in front of where i am piling all the snow. thank god this was early in the storm or else might have done some stupid things with the snow to help him realize how dumb he is :nod:

16. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

One of my accounts is the fire station I'm a member of. We had this Captain that was a real d__k. He refused to move his Jeep one night and said to plow around it. The storm was VERY WET. Kinda like thick soup. I got a nice big blob and scooched it right under his Jeep. It got REAL cold that night and he couldn't move it for over a week.

I mean this was the type of guy you'd put chicken boullion cubes inside the shower head before he took his shower..... Everyone kept asking if you could smell chicken soup when he walked into the room for days.

17. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

hahaha:salute:

18. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I've put no over night parking sings up . than called the tow truck to remove cars . at $100 a pop it stopped the parking over night !

19. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Why do they even have to go out when theres a foot of snow, the main roads are barely plowed and the police are saying to stay home?

I had friday off and a buddy called me to help out with a backup truck . Get sent to this little strip mall mid morning. Theres a few cars stuck in the lot and some guy comes over to the truck to chew me out for being late and because hes stuck. There is nothing important in this mall that you would really need to go to in a blizzard for so i start laughing at him and ask "what was so important that you needed to go and put your life at risk in these conditions?" He just stood there with a blank look on his face. I gave him a few minutes to stand there and then told him " when your wife comes out of the tanner, get in your car and go back home where you belong". Sure enough, while hes getting his car unstuck, his wife comes out of the tanner.