1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why NOT to buy an XT

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by LwnmwrMan22, Dec 11, 2007.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I know, I know......

I don't want to sound like I'm sore about it, because in no way am I.

I just wanted to make this post so guys that don't have as good of a dealer as I do, don't get stuck with a plow that they don't like.

The XT is as good as any reg. V.

Where it's not as good, is if you have to backdrag at an angle in tight spaces.

For you guys running a regular V, you know that you can look at the top of the blade, and whatever angle you've got it at, as long as its straight all the way across, it's going to backdrag like any straight blade.

With the XT, with the flares at the top of the wings, the plow will always look like it's at a slight bend, even though it's straight on the bottom.

So, if you angle all the way to the right, have it straight, or all the way to the left, you have no issues.

It's when you're trying to angle inbetween those 3 points that you can't really tell how flush your blade is against the curb or whatever you're trying to backdrag from.

I'm lucky, I had a dealer that worked out a deal that I was happy with. Like I said at the beginning of the post, just wanted to have a separate post as to, IMO, is the biggest issue with the XT.
  2. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

I know exactly what you mean But Im sure I can overcome that obsticle. There should be a STRAIGHT MODE on it likewise . Im also sure Boss is reading our posts. As the snow catcher was an issue . And they will constantly evolve with the industry. There is a blade for all applications . Just like I have never had an interest in cutting edge trip blades for the simple reason of catching the moldboard on something.It is possible , Iv seen it done before while pushing deep snow.​