1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why no Shock Absorber?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by DaySpring Services, Feb 7, 2006.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Does anyone know why Blizzard doesn't offer the option of a shock absorber? It would be really nice to have. I hate when my plow trips then slams back up. :realmad:
  2. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

I agree:nod:
  3. KCB

KCB Senior Member

I second that.:nod:
  4. salopez

salopez Senior Member

you can buy a western shock and weld it on. shouldnt be too hard.
  5. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

My guess would be that they didn't feel the cost was justified. I hadn't heard of shocks on plows until this post (don't get out much), so it sounds to me like Western may be the first to do it.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see it become an option in the future.
  6. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I know Western and Boss both offer them on their full trip plows. Not sure about other companies.
  7. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

before welding a shock on, be sure to look at trip travel, most shocks don't have enough travel and you will rip them apart. I did extensive testing using a snowmobile clicker system to vary shock rates. findings of a 96% return rate reduction in flow and no stock shock on the market make the cost very high to put a shock on. I'm working on other options to this problem but it's still in the test phase.

p.s. ride hard, tighten your springs till a piece of paper fits between the 2nd and 3rd full coils. if this is not tight enough you can go tighter or we add 2 more springs to them. jerre
  8. Raydon

Raydon Member

I bought the shock for my Arctic and installed it. I would never want to plow without it again. It doesn't slam back at all now. I don't fear the blade tripping now.