1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why no Meyers? Problems?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Flawless, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Flawless

Flawless Junior Member

Why don't i see any one running Myers? Is there problems? What are they?

Thanks, Jason

2. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

lots of people run meyer plow. i don't know why you do see them. lot of people i know including me don't like to leave their plow pump and lights on the truck all the time. And to me i think its faster to unhook/hook up everything on my western plow. just my 2cents

3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I find that Meyers had been lagging behind in their plow mounting designs. The classic design has been around for 20 years, mounts are expensive when up fitting comes into play. The pumps can be tempermental if not maintained.

Recently Meyers was experimenting with their Express system and E88 pumps, Technological nighmare!

The one system they have IMHO is the best mounting system for upfitting in the Industry is the MD plus or MD II. Meyer never promoted it much it has a " Middle Child" conatation, but for those who understand the system it has a great deal of flexiability.
    Meyer also seems to be getting behind their Diamond Edge plows more this year than in the past, certainly one of the best trip edge plows available, just been highly overlooked by the commercial application market.

Meyers have made some significant improvements on their pumps, the E 58 is a significantly improved model with updated valving. some of the newer models also share this new valving as well. I am of the opinion they need to get away from designing a pump with a lift cylinder, and go to a stand alone pump, which they started to do with some of their larger larger commercial duty models.

There are a few postive things that I have found with Meyer procuts is: Parts are everywhere, They are easily repaired and updated by comparision to other brands.

4. STREETGLIDE

STREETGLIDE Member
    from OHIO

I bought one of there new plows its a 7.5 ft and has all the new updates on it including the new sabre 2 lights, i have 2 or 3 meyer dealers around here were i live so its easy to get parts for if needed. Alot of guys run myers around here.

5. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

Meyer are by for the most popular plow around here....easy to get parts for, from the store or from a friend....we run e60's and haved learned to keep 2 extra pumps on our shelf.....

6. Flawless

Flawless Junior Member

I agree, i keep one E60 in the back seat of the truck, 2 bolts your back on the road. Can't beat it.

You know it's crazy i come home on a Friday night from drinking, check email this page was still up from eariler, there is 54 people loged on. Just crazy!! While i'm turning in

7. 01SMOKINSD

01SMOKINSD Junior Member

A friend and I both bought new Meyer's last fall. They were the express mount. The is nothing on the market that can compare to the ease of install and removal. Only item left on the truck is the "push bar." Doesnt look bad at all. It has the new E86 pump which worked flawlessly. Everything is in a sealed plastic box to help protect from the elements. Bought them from a great dealer in Medina, Ohio and had the best price we could find anywhere. $3600 installed out the door for 8' straight.

8. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure what part of Columbus you are in, but I see them all the time.

9. STREETGLIDE

STREETGLIDE Member
    from OHIO

i just bought a new plow from the same place in medina got mine installed for 3900.00 out the door. Very nice plows.

10. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Around here most people have Fisher and Boss. Meyers are not as ruged as Fisher and Boss IMO.

11. Flawless

Flawless Junior Member

In Ohio all i see is Myers. Parts are everywere. On this website, nobody talks about them. So i didn't know if there were problems i was unaware of.

Thanks, Jason

12. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

IMHO I'd put a 8' Diamond Edge with the MDII system and a set of Saber II's up against a 8' Fisher HD MM any day! Especially on the day you want to up fit it to the next truck!

13. GK Snow Removal

GK Snow Removal Member

Maybe it depends on where you are? Or where you can get them

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

There are a lot of Meyer plows pushing snow. The parts are readily available and they are easy to fix. They do like maintenance and perhaps there are better concepts out there but IF your dependable support dealer is a Meyer dealer it is your best choice.

15. GK Snow Removal

GK Snow Removal Member

i think so too

16. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I chose a Meyer in part because of the Express mount. The plow is on or off in 30 seconds.

I bought it new last season and had an o-ring on the drain plug blow out. So far, that has been my only problem.

17. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Western, Boss and Blizzard pretty much dominate this area. I don't think I've ever seen a Meyer. They kept sending me stuff in the mail, but the closest dealer was pretty far away.

18. GK Snow Removal

GK Snow Removal Member

Western is very good

19. GK Snow Removal

GK Snow Removal Member

even though i am a BOSS