1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why no applications for "W" series trucks??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by lp0043, Oct 18, 2010.

1. lp0043

lp0043 Junior Member

If the Fisher rep is listening, I'm just wondering why it is so difficult to find a plow application for a GMC W4500 I want to buy. I have a Fisher on a Dodge 3500 with a Cummins and like it, how come Fisher doesn't have an app for those cabover style trucks?
  2. John Murphy

John Murphy Senior Member

It's just a business decision that we've made not to make a mount for this particular application, which is pretty unique. It's a 2WD cab-over. As a result, very limited demand for it which makes it difficult to justify the engineering development and maintenance costs. In instances such as this, we make available a Universal Mounting kit which can be custom fabricated for this application. Since it does require custom fabrication, not all distributors choose to do this particular application. I'd be more then happy to try and locate a dealer near you that does have the expertise to do so however.