1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why Me??

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by DAFFMOBILEWASH, Feb 17, 2007.

1. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Is it me or not? I've only plowed a total of 100hrs on my series 26 and it's allready looking worse for wear. The first time out I broke a cutting edge, and now a weld came appart from the diagonal cross member on the blade. I know it's a ez fix but hey I think its still under warantee.

I've had Meyer and Arctic blades in the past with hardly an issue of wear. For is this just my rotten luck or does anyone else have any issues.

Other than batteries the blade works good and I really like its stacking ability. I think its one of the best stackers on the market. Why desn't Snoway make a rechargable battery in thier remotes that plug into the lighter like a cell phone?? Nothing worse than fiddleing with a screwdriver in the truck on a cold and dark night. One other thing, has anyone experienced any interferrance from drive thru's. Have a location if I am too close to the building the remote stops working.

Well back to plowing,payup

DAFF
    PS The Snowway salters are Great, Over 50 yards spread and not one issue!!!!!xysport
    (8' Stainless with 10.5 Briggs =>2.0 YRD)

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Stop by your dealer about the blade. Check to make sure it's not "racked" (out of square)

3. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

The diagonal brace which runs from the bottom main structural member to the out side verticial member let go. After washing the plow last night I had a Good look at it . The weld (which broke) seemed not to have much penitration into the horizontal member. The blade itself seems to be strait at least with the nakid eye. The only other thing is the blade seems to have excessive play at the king pin making the blade a little bit more wobbily.

Going to my local dealer tomorow to see what they say. Just a question but does a blade usually move quicker from left to right than up or down. Mine works perfect from left to right but seems stressed out when raising it up. Yes I have double check all wiring, has a dual battery set up and even ran extra cables from the alt. to each battery for more direct power flow. The alt is maxing out at 185 amps at high idle and 150 amps at idle.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Not in my experience.