1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why Jerre's Service?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Jerre, I had to give you a plug here not that you need it and I already bought the spreader from you so I'm not sucking up for a better price,lol. While at Jerre's I was B.S.ing with Tom and I saw him spraying down the tiny screws for the headlight covers, I thought holy sh!t my Fisher dealer would never do that. My Dump bed motor crapped out again (the dealer replaced it so all is good there) but when talking to Jerre I was telling him about that and he said they take apart the motor, spray and lube the bushings etc. and again I thought holy sh!t the other dealer didnt do that. Little things like this are huge in my opinion. Who would have thought to spray down the headlight cover screws.....until you need to remove them in a year or so and they are rusted and break off. And your right Jerre, I never see a pretty face there, ever! lol see ya soon for the install. BTW I FINALLY FOUND SALT! Thanks to good friends like Mike I can pay some bills this winter.
  2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

:confused: Are you try say this guy is bad? Or good?

I have see lot snow plow truck are rusty so bad. Because owner didn't spray to keep metal from rust to it.

lube motor's brush I do that with electric contact cleaner.
  3. Brian Young

:confused: My point is he/they do a lot of little things that other dealers around here dont do or even think of it, which imo would save you a ton of headaches at 3am trying to plow 12" of snow.
  4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I understand now.

I think other dealer who don't do this because they try get you come there everyday to get fix so they could make profit.

You know dealer or shop who repair trucks do this. Because they need money than you.
  5. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Brian you said everything that I would and more! I will add though for everyone who has had work done at a plow shop before, all the "extras" they do does take more time! It was great going up there and getting the "Erie Special" treatment done to my 810. I'm sure every penny I spent will be wel worth it, if we get snow out here this year.
  6. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I believe it was Tom that told me he goes through a couple cases of Never Seize a year. I will also say there is not anyone else around that I will let work on my plow, Jerre and Tom are straight shooters and won't sugar coat things and I like that if I'm being stupid I want someone to tell me.
  7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Jerre doesn't sugar coat things?

You mean he's serious?

You guys are dang lucky to be close enough to have them only work on your blades.
  8. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I have always heard great things about Jerre's. Just wish I was closer.
  9. Brian Young

If you go there just remember to bring a big pizza pie or donuts in the am.
  10. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Most of the time.......unless there's saracasm.........:jester:
  11. Knight Owl

Knight Owl Junior Member

1st class operation
  12. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Just picked up my plow from him. New cutting edge and lights. Also checked over the spreader. J and T do great work. They go above and beyond. Also great to go down and shoot the breeze.
  13. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

the understatement of the year so far!
  14. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

JD will get you a lot further than donuts or pizza. ;) ;)
  15. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I thought Kool Aide was the beverage of choice????
  16. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Guys
    All I can say is its worth the drive to Erie. Bought a dump box from jerre year and half ago. Bought a spreader from jerre last fall. First class all the way. saved my ass more than once.

Regards Mike