1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why is the tripp shock plate on the ground??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Vtlumberjack, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Vtlumberjack

Vtlumberjack Junior Member
    from VT

Ok first im a Boss plow owner, and chevy owner .so I am walking into the lions den here... I might be ignorant also on this question.
    I went truck/plow shopping today. I found a 2006 F250 v10, 5.2 mpg on dash, with an 8ft older minute mount fisher trip edge plow on it. I have my chevy and boss plow parked next to the ford and im looking at the plows and some of the differences.
    The bottom of the shock plates on the fisher is on the ground... touching, with 4 to 5 inchs of blade still left. So i inquired with the salesman as to why this was, seeing im not familiar with fisher at all. he said he wasnt sure and we would ask the owner of the dealership. new salesman also. The owner and selling fischers for 15 years now says thats how they are. The shock mount sits on the ground and wears as the edge does. He also said this is because there isnt shoes on it at the time, and must always run shoes... OK understand. or do i?:confused:
    So blade doesnt touch the ground while plowing at all??
    You must run shoes?
    There is no way of full true pavement scraping?
    I also said to myself, this cant be? all i see out there is fisher plows. Im the minorty. I said they are everywhere and everyone uses them. But the shock thing cant be true. Thats just a poor design all together. always use shoes, and the shock plate wears with the blade?
    Please help... the truck is sweet and the plow is rust free...
  2. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

The a Fram is probably not at the correct hight.. It should be level with the ground.. This is adjusted by the holes in the a frame where it attaches to the minute mount head gear frame..there are three holes its probably on the top holes.. or simply the front springs to the truck are so wooped that the frame is just low.. As long as the springs are still in it and they have not ground the bolt off.. no big deal easy fix.. if the springs have worn through the bolts.. still not really a big deal just more work.. either replace the springs.. or drill new holes and bolt it.. Hope that helps..
  3. Vtlumberjack

Vtlumberjack Junior Member
    from VT

Ill take another look today. I try to take a picture. It doenst seem right at all
  4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm thinking there is no cutting edge on it and it's been plowed that way for awhile.