1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why is the sno expo in May?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

First of all, most of us are landscapers and BUSY in April/May/June, there is no way i could travel and be away for a few days in those months especially just to look at equipment, we're not a 40 man company.

Why not have it in September/October or November? Thats mainly when these companys are booming with up coming winter sales anyway, most guys would go there with the intention of picking out new equipment for the season. In May each year, i could care less just coming out of a winter, nor would i care to buy anything else just to have to store it for the whole extra summer before its first use?

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Maybe they have it early so it gives you time to save money for the "big" purchase.....lol

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

A lot of these trade shows are geared towards dealers who buy in quantity and the manufacturers need to know how many to make and deliver. Also by Nov. guys are busy getting their own stuff ready for the season. And besides who wants to look at plows in the winter.

PS I'm sure Toby will chime in

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Aug would be alright but any later would be way too late. I had to order 2 new tractors in May, or I woudn't get them before winter started. Plus there are alot of good deals to be had if you purchase early. You don't have to take delivery untill Oct if you put a deposit down and you still get the great price.

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Which expo are you refering to? SIMA was held in Buffalo this past June. The NE Snow and Ice Expo is coming up September 16-17 in Marlboro, MA, and GIE is coming up in October in Louisville. All of these shows have snow and ice removal equipment displayed there.

6. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

never thought of that... I did contact a couple dealers this past spring in NJ, to grab another boss plow and a spreader at least... they all were giving me crap prices, msrp or $100 off and i had to take it asap. I went back to one place in Late June 2008, they JUST put their plows away for storage and seemed to not even want to dig them out for a sale, they wouldnt even give me a price on one lol.

With our terrible last two winter seasons, im suprised they wouldnt want to cut the prices in half to get rid of product in late spring/summer times.