1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why is my plow doing this ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ultimateinc, Jan 8, 2010.

1. ultimateinc

ultimateinc Senior Member

Do you guys know y my plows is like this? There is probaly a inch if not more that won't touch the ground. When angled it's also leaves atleast a inch of space between the cutting edge and ground on the side it's angled to I ajusted the chain and it doesn't change. The cutting edge is new Guess can't post pics from my I phone will try later.

2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

If the the chain is adjusted properly I'd say you have a bent A frame if it's a straight blade, poss truck mount, if it's a V that might be different. What kind of plow? size, age, truck type ETC???

3. ultimateinc

It's the 2002 in my sig plows a few years old western MVP 8-6

4. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Probably an adjustment, had that issue once, I don't remember how our mechanic adjusted it, but it was only an adjustment. Owners manual? Western Website, Dealer maybe??

5. ultimateinc

Alright I'll look into that. Thanks. Normally we can figure out our own problems but this one has me lost. I checked all the regular things to look for. Thanks again

6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Is the t-beam level when the plow is on the ground, in all positions? My guess is that the truck-side mount is either too high (Ford or Dodge), or too low (GM).

7. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I had the same problem when my A frame wasn't parallel with the ground. I needed to make some adjustments to lower the mount and level out the A frame and all is well.