1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why is Murphy seem to be my friend?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by green frog, Mar 1, 2010.

1. green frog

green frog Senior Member

This is just a vent, and is long. Buffalo never got the 12" they called for but thurs night thru sat night it was like 14/15 inches. So the first night plowed with the f250 all went well had 4 resi's left and chain snapped on western. So I go home and grab the jeep to finish, a pain but no problem. Had to show the house and do running for wife and finally get new chain for ford. I get a 3 hour nap and head out with jeep fri because I never has time to install chain. So this time 5 resi's left and western on jeep will only go up and down no left or right. So go home to put chain on ford but they gave me bolt intead of u bolt. So go to dealer and wait for him to open. Get It fixed in parking lot and finish route. Get home and think I will go to bed and get 3 calls for 1 time plows and bid them all at $60 per drive and they all bite. So I go back out and get a call to help a friend. So on the way home I try to straighten blade and there is no power to controller. So I go home to fix truck. First the in line fuse to controller is good, then find the t-tap is unplugged so I reconnect and nothing. So I find a blow fuse in panel but still nothing, So I check fuse box in engine comp and another blown fuse but still nothing. So I run a new wire to fuse box to keyed power and finally power. So I finally get a 2hr nap and head out again. Once out I find I have no reverse lights but need to plow so continue and by 5am falling asleep due to none so I go home for a nap and 3hrs later go out to finish route. Lucky it was sunday and no one called but that was my weekend. Hope yours was better. And today I will be fixing reverse lights and getting jeep looked at.
  2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

in this business you have to live by the motto: "Shite Happens!" lol

sounds rough, thats what my weekend on Feb 6th sounded like.

so far this season:
    blown trans on our chev HD
    broken converter bolt on new trans in HD, warrantied work
    rusted through oil line on 98 dump
    blown oring on blizzard pump
    sheared all 8 lugs on 98 dump

and some other stuff that i cant remember lol.
  3. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I agree. Sh!t happens. You can tell from my screen name that "Sh!t happens" a lot for me! And to do you one better, my actual last name is Murphy. So I tend to get double screwed. To prove it to you, I blew out my rear end last week in a wet snow storm. And its the truck in my signature, so its not and old beater either. You just have to roll with the crap and not get too worked up.
  4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

My mechanics, plow dealer, salt suppliers, wrenches,welders etc. are always left with the quote "See ya later!!" 'cause I know I will.:nod:
  5. Freebird

Freebird Member

Just remember it could have always been worse, and be thankful you managed to get the houses done and get some sleep.
  6. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

My week wasnt quite as bad, only managed to get stuck twice. Both at one time call in's.
    Have one drive about 1/4 mile long and is twisty as a snake and all up hill. Waited to do this guy last because its a pita. Threw the chains on, but was tried and lazy(not sure if it was more lazyness) and didnt put all the bungies on the chains:dizzy:. Drivers side fell off and took brake line out. Limped truck home after crimping line as best I could, and layed in 6" of slush after getting parts to fix:mechanic:. I'm so ready for spring cleanups.....
  7. green frog

green frog Senior Member

Thanks guys was just in need of a vent. I have had a few weekends like this and im am still here. When I get a lucky season I will have money to upgrade truck and plow. The funny part is my other truck my employee takes home has been fine. Its also a 1995 with a 185,000, a jb welded oil pan, burns a quart of oil every 1000 miles, and only 1 gas tank works.
  8. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 Member

I'm pretty sure I saw your truck driving around Laraway and Schoolhouse ~a week ago.
  9. SullivanSeptic

My office is right at the corner. I am the long grey building. I am on the N/W corner of the intersection
  10. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 Member

Hm. I might drop in and say hi one of these days. Lol
  11. SullivanSeptic

Sure, anytime. My pickup is down right now, so I am driving my Ford van. If it is sitting out front, I am usually there.
  12. thisismurph

thisismurph Junior Member

Yeah I know all about that Murphy curse