1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

why is everyone saying winter is done in the northeast??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PLOWMAN45, Feb 21, 2004.

1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

the winter is far from over i just saw some maps for march below normal temps and above normal precip and to boot i heard something for wed night/thursday

2. ghost

ghost Member

you said it . the guys that a crying have no idea what they are talking about ,we always get a feb warm up every year. Give it time it will be back!!!!!!!!!!!

3. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

The only problem is, if it doesn't get cold, any snow that we get will be melted before you can hook up your plow. The ground is starting to thaw, and that spells trouble for plowable snow. They did say below normal temps and above nornal precep, however, what is normal temps, if they are 39 and below normal is 34, that's not going to do much for us. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have at least 2 or 3 more events to get us closer to mowing season. If you look at Accuweather's 15 day forcast, it doesn't look very positive unfortunately. However, the weather people can't get it right while an event is actually going on, so how can they predict 15 day's out? I mean they can't even look out the window in the middle of an event and change their forcast, what's that all about?

And what happened to all of the diesel truck dragracers? with no snow to talk about, that whole topic was rather amusing and gave me something to read while on this site.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2004
  4. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

Spring is comming !!!! I have 3 landscape jobs all ready just need frost to go it 52 here to day

5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

its arond 40 now. still some snow around. I have a hard time saying that there will be more snow with the way things have been going but its far from spring. I plowed once in april last year. not a major event but i scraped a few drives. mid feb to mid march was my busiest time last year. remember 1997 the northeast had a huge blizzard on april 1st. A few weeks to go ill remain optimistic that we will get a few more good plowable events!!!!