1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

why is everone down on meyers here...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by daveintoledo, Nov 13, 2007.

1. daveintoledo

daveintoledo Senior Member
    from nw ohio

where im at, 9 out of 10 plows are meyers.......

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

They are good strong plows, but their hydralics are slow and the electrical leaves ALOT to be desired. Mine has let me down sooooooooooooo many friggin times!!! I cant wait till I save enough $$$$ to buy a Boss

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

mine is on order so i hope it does the job. this site makes me nervous but meyer had the best dealer around.

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

It just seems like they're always playing "catch up". They're not industry leaders, they are industry followers. Have they ever come up with something that was revolutionary? I highly doubt it.

With that having been said, I do own a couple Meyer products. I've got a 7' 6" blade on my skid steer and a V box spreader. Got them both for $100 so even though they're junk I couldn't go wrong.

5. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

3 seasons into a Meyer that I bought used and not 1 problem. And I use the "scary" E47 pump. I'll buy another.

6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

that makes me feel a lil better :waving:

7. daveintoledo

from nw ohio

makes me feel better too..

mine is being installed monday...... like i said, so many aroud here , and the dealer is the most reputable around here also.....

maybe i worry too much...:confused:

8. daveintoledo

from nw ohio

my thinking...

sometimes being the leader in new technology isnt all that its cracked up to be, maybe....tried and true methods dont get recalled...hahaahhahha

9. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

when your spendn 4k on something its easy to get worried :nod: :cry:

10. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

the meyer plows are the most common around my part of the country too,

there ain't nothin wrong with them we use them pretty argressivly and we have only bent 1moldboard

i do have experiance with most of them we have BLIZZARD,WESTERN,DIAMOND,MEYER,VIKING,NORTHMAN, the blizzard and viking is by far the heaviest plow(blizzard ~1700lb) the meyer's are a little light duty in my opinion, but the meyer is the ONLY plow we bought locally,

11. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I think Meyer is an Ohio based company, might explain why there are lots of them around your area. 9 out of 10 plows in New England are Fisher, which is a Maine based company, or at least the sticker on my plow says Rockland Maine. Lot's of Meyer plows around here too. They are probably fine, but look a little too light in my opinion. Nothing fancy about them, but they push snow and I guess that's all that matters.

12. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Just look at all of the "Meyer wont lift, angle etc." threads. I HAD one once! Like many have said, it failed me in so many bad situations.

13. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

There easy to work on, easy to get parts for. but if not maintained they can be a pain. Like I tell everyone else go with what you can get parts for the quickest and easiest. There are atleast 4 different places around here that I can go to in a 20 mile radius and get any part for.

14. daveintoledo

from nw ohio

thank you...

for all you opinions.......:)

15. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

It because they are yellow....Who wants a yellow plow....?

16. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

We have myers for many years, and thats all we own, we have neve had any main problems with ours.

Theyre like any thing else, if u beat up on them, your going to have problems

17. daveintoledo

from nw ohio

hahahaahahh

man, i cant stop laughing at the little dude stuck to the pole.....like the movie A Christmas Story...... :AKA youll shot your eye out.....AKA the b.b. gun movie/////

:salute

as far as light duty goes, thats good, this is going on a 1993 ford f 150....so weight was an issue

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  18. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

I run two Meyer plows and haven't had any serious issues or down time with either, The
    E47 pump is alot slower than theE60.

19. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

There still yellow......:jester:

20. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

the village of schaumburg uses mostly all meyer plows. ill never buy one, i never heard much good about them. Plus I grew up to my Dad always saying to never buy a yellow plow! haha GO RED! if they work for you, then thats good, someone has to keep them in business.