1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

why dont dealers stock parts?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

every time i order anything, have to order, just a major pita

even simple bolts, nuts, cylinders, cutting edges etc...

2. pyro29

pyro29 Member

...because they don't have to. Some dealers do take the extra step and stock parts but that is on their own free will, not because the manufacturer tells them they have to.

3. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

Why put the money up front if they don't have to ? but a smart dealer will stock common products and items that sell the most

4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

my dealer stocks everything....you name it he has it in stock

5. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

My fisher dealer does too, i love it.

6. fairrpe86

fairrpe86 Senior Member

Our local Boss dealer keeps as much as they can in stock. Most of the time you can just walk right in and get the common stuff, the not so common tends to have to be ordered but they keep a pretty good inventory on hand.

7. GLSCPE

GLSCPE Junior Member

Buy the Boss repair kit, I have 6 of them we keep them in our trucks and in the shop. Our Boss dealer stocks everything, even at 3 am I can walk in there and get whatever I need. If for some reason they don't have it on the shelf they will take it off another plow!
    Repair kits... or new dealer!

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe because your in NJ?And he don't want to carry 10 year old parts.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Stock the common stuff yourself. Which is what anyone should be doing anyway. Various bolts, hoses, couple solenoids, springs, SH switch etc should all be on the shelf and ready to go on a moments notice. Just good business practice.

10. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

With the economy the way it has been some just cant afford to have the money laying around, which is understandable. We have been slammed in the DC area with snow so far...but the past few years this hasnt been the case, and Jerseys weather is similar to here.So I can see why it could be an issue.

11. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Buy extra of everything, and fluid by the case. :rolleyes:. The only dealer that was far from me, sold everything but Fluid. I ordered it by the case. I found out that a trucking outfit just became a dealer. Now i have one 5 min from my house. :bluebounc