1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

why does my plow go up so slow?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by thesnowman269, Dec 7, 2010.

1. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

last night while plowing the plow started moving extremly slow only when going up (i have the E-60 pump) i replaced the motor and everything seemed fine for about a minute. then it started acting real slow again. it works fine going side to side however. Can anyone tell me whats up with it?
  2. HeavyD

HeavyD Member

filters I suspect...pull em, clean em, blow dry, re install, try that first
  3. thandrinos

thandrinos Member

check all your power cables..had same issue..replace all cables with 2 gauge ground, 4 gauge power and she runs like new again.
  4. thesnowman269

I replaced the battery and altornator along with the pump motor, which helped but it still seems to work a little funny every now and then
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ice in the fluid.
  6. thesnowman269

filter/ fluid change was also done forgot to mention sorry, so ive done the following so far, new motor, fluid, filter, battery, and alternator. now i should also mention that the valve that controls the up motion was replaced last season...
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

One of two things since the system is clean (we have to assume still), you either have a weak connection in the power cables (connection, under hood solenoid etc) or if you used an aftermarket motor the motor is junk. Because that's what the aftermarket ones are.

Replace the UHS with a good Trombetta unit and go over all the power cable connections, again if you already have. Spread the pins if needed and be sure both the power and ground cable is connected DIRECTLY to the battery terminals. No other locations are acceptable. An upgrade on the cable sizes to 4 gauge is also a wise investment as OEM Meyer cables are very undersized for the job thus creating extra load on everything from the motor and UHS to the trucks electrical system itself.

If it still doesn't seem strong enough then it's time for an amp draw test.