1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why does Meyer blade turn left while plowing ???

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by carsbynet, Jan 9, 2010.

1. carsbynet

carsbynet Junior Member

Thank you in advance for any clues as where to start looking for my problem:
    Being new to plows, I recently purchased from the pastor of my church, a 7 year old Meyer 6 1/2 ft e-47 pump to mount on my 91 wrangler to plow my mother-in-laws 200 ft driveway. (tired of the snow blower) So just mounted it last weekend, everything went smooth, plow, lights, mounts, everything seemed to work as it should, so i hit the first snow drift i could find, and to my surprise, whenever i dropped the blade to push the snow, the left side would fall back all the way to the left by itself, i could turn the blade all the way to the right, and it would still find its way back all the way to the left, the surface is flat and level, and whole plow was pushing snow, not just one side, dont want to make waves where i bought it, and unfortunately i am stuck with the job to do every time it snows, and funds are limited. Information is a valuable tool !! Thanks too all who can help

2. w4hyi

w4hyi Member

check the fluid level and maybe have to change the cross over valve

3. w4hyi

w4hyi Member

and one more thing you might have air in the angle cylinders

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like crossover relief probs to me. pull up the meyer manual and look it over. not hard to fix; takes some learning to put together.

5. LON

LON Senior Member

Green wire valve swelled. Indication is having to pry the coil all the way off vs just being able to pick it up off.
    Have seen more pilot check valve problems this year than ever before. Broken spring and/or poppet sticking (seat is HAMMERED).