1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

why does it do that?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by accipiter12, Feb 6, 2006.

1. accipiter12

accipiter12 Senior Member

I have an F-150 4x4 supercab and every now and again my red light will turn on when I'm driving (the red light on the dash when the alarm is armed) and the truck will almost seem to turn off and then the light goes off and the truck sounds normal. Anyone else have this going on? Why's it doing that?

Thanks

Blake
    WA

2. ICindrich

ICindrich Senior Member

My GMC had a similar problem and it was the pass-lock system in the ingition, I don't know if ford uses an ingnition security system, but that would be my guess.

3. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Please add a signature so we can help you better! What year is it? Is this a factory security system? If not, what brand?

4. accipiter12

accipiter12 Senior Member

I forgot that bit of info. Sorry, it's a 2005. I know that my truck as a deal that if I lose the keys I have an extra set to get me in but if I use that 2nd set to turn it on it will disable my truck. It has a basic security system that come stock.

Blake
    WA