1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why Does everybody pull into a lot when you are plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by flykelley, Feb 26, 2008.

1. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Guys
    I plow 5 Burger Kings, and it seems to me that when I first start plowing there isn't alot of traffic. Get the lot half way plowed and there is a steady stream of cars coming into the lot. Is this just a freak of nature or does this happen to you guys as well. Then you get some dumb a33 just pull in and park were you are trying to plow. Makes me mad when they do that.:yow!:

Regards Mike
  2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

your lights are attacting attention. then they see the sign and building and think... mmmmm. burger king sounds good. it is your lights fault.
    just a guess.
  3. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

i plow a big lot and i do all the cut work with a dump for the tractor/loader anyways i make 1 big line of snow and it never fails some idiot always feels the need to park in it or right next to it.

KINNCO Senior Member

Dude I plow a bunch of Mickey D's......the people must be all related:dizzy:.
    Same thing over and over:angry:
  5. 1sthippy

1sthippy Member

Say no more! It's just Murphy's Law! LOL
  6. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Its kinda like when you plow a fresh path & your commin up to the pushed pile of snow, then you go to back up & theres 4 cars behind your bumper! ...I know of a situation that happened with a loader, he backed up & CRUNCH! into one car!
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Like moths to a porch light :D.

KINNCO Senior Member

So if I install a strobe a kit...... it gets worst:help:
  9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe your a.....

10. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Well I got to say.,I haven't been called a chick magnet in quite a few years.:nod:

Regards Mike
  11. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I hear what you guys are saying had a lady yell at me today because I was in her way to pull into he favorite parking spot. I looked at her got out went inside and ordered a sandwich and sat in my truck and ate and she sat there holding up traffic until I was done just so she could have her spot. DUMB A**. :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring:
  12. mchur01

mchur01 Senior Member

We do some 7 elevens and it never fails when we start everyone decides to stop in and grab that 1/2 gallon of milk or paper, and they want to park right in front of you when ya get lined to push. Maybe they are ********.
  13. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Hit the nail on the head.
    Just had someone pull in front of me the other day and park right in my line. Just pushed up near their car and gave them a nice honk honk. They quicly moved to the 200x100 area that was already done.
  14. mchur01

mchur01 Senior Member

Thats usualy my tactic but i make sure they have to walk through a nice pile to get back into there vehicle.
  15. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I have this same stuff happen to me. What I don't understand is why certain people are even doing out in some of these storms. Just the other day at the depot, I was plowing and had to wait for a old man to push a flat bed cart full of MULCH bags through 3 inches of snow. I sat there thinking, what in the world is he going to mulch in 3 inches of snow. I guess he couldn't wait one day to get his pretty mulch!:realmad:
  16. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

i always do the entrances and exits last usually keeps some out
  17. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I tried that once. I blocked one entrance and left one open. Well, this created more problems. Some idiot decided to try to take his corolla over my 2 foot snow burm. Can you say teater totter! Now I have stuck car in my way.:realmad: Luckily, it was a young guy that didn't care and asked me to push his car with my plow. I got to say it was fun crushing his bumper in with my plow! IDIOTS!
  18. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

lol i would have said no call a tow truck and made the idiot pay a hefty towing bill.
  19. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

That is so true.
    I do this place and it has 4 entrances. So you push them in, straight and leave them in a pile and them push them 90 degrees (make sense)

so, on my way in, i push the entrances and leave the piles til later and then clear the last entrance I do. (they are all in a row, it's not like I'm asking people to go down a totally different road or something.)

But what happens? instead of using the entrance I have clear and the parking lot area I have clear?

of course, they drive up to and over the piles and look at me like I"m the insane one?
    Ummm, drive about 50 more feet and it's pavement you idiots.
    I'm waiting for one to get stuck on a big pile once. :rolleyes:
  20. WI OLY

WI OLY Junior Member

I get the same idiots. I guess I have just learned to deal with them on some accounts.