1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why do the freebies ***** the most?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Feb 5, 2015.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

My wife complains the most about my plowing,told her to go hire someone then!
  2. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I do freebees from time to time but I'm old and looking for all the help in getting through those gates when the time comes. ;)
  3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

My dad is my biggest critic, I think I'll drop himThumbs Up
  4. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Better think twice on that one. Wills can be changed.
  5. cdmckane

cdmckane Member

I have a few freebies (parents, wife's parents, and a couple close friends) and thankfully, they don't complain. They're happy to not have to shovel.

My wife bitched about the driveway once, until I picked my blade up, locked in 4wd, and drove out of the driveway with a foot of snow in it and went plowing while she couldn't get to work.
  6. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

I did a freebie Last year. Ripped the fender flare right off. Cost me a hundred dollars. Thankfully they moved
  7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

:laughing::laughing: Yes they can.......
  8. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

I got a few freebies as well my parents and a moms friend thats loosing the house due to payments and taxes... I was very close with the husband till he passed. On a side note she throws me some money when she can.
  9. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

No good deed goes unpunished....

Im living proof .....:(

Besides, you never do anything for the wife for free... There's always a price associated with it
  10. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Are we talking about plowing snow????
  11. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Gee whiz I hope so............
  12. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Pretty sure that will put you in the hole more than plowing it yourself for free...

My new neighbours are kids really, I can't believe they can afford the house for the price they paid. he's working hard, rarely see him and they have 2 little kids.
    The last few storms I come home and there is a pile of snow in their drive so 1 minute later there isn't. Park and go to bed.
    Got this in the mailbox today and another strange crumpled non addressed envelope underneath it from their 3 yr old daughter.LOL Its cute but the princess creeps me out

Freebies 001.jpg
  13. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I'll open up a few of the neighbors when we get dumped on.

Cookies and a few notes of thanks.

Thumbs Up
    On getting the drawing.....
  14. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

This is true. Very, very true.
  15. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Thats the green chick from Star Trek!!!! Shatner was the man!!!
  16. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I do random favors all the time. Nobody has complained so far.
  17. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Wife used to shovel the whole drive before I would get home from plowing .:nod:
    I used to laugh every time. Then she would say how her back hurt. I be like . You do know that we have three plow trucks right. Now she just shovels paths all around the house for the dog and cats.:D
  18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

19. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

Not exactly the same, but close.
    When we had one of the big storms last year I was passing neighbor while he was shoveling his driveway. I motioned him out of the way and took a few passes. Relatively easy driveway, around 20' wide maybe 125' long, garage is on the side so I can push all the way straight back.
    He normally just shovels the front part of the driveway and a path to the car. Couple of other times I've seen him out there I would offer to take a few swipes and he usually declines. No problem.
    Last weekend when they were calling for the Blizzard of the Century again he calls up and asks if I can plow his drive if we get the 2-3' that they're calling for. I tell him no problem, "when I'm done and get home, which may not be till Tuesday or Weds". It seemed that he could not fathom the idea of me not being home for 24-48 hours. He would ask when, I answer when I'm done and get home, this was repeated three times in a 5 minute conversation.:confused:
  20. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I was thinking the same:laughing: GV, ever think about making your "plow" bigger? There's fab shops for that you know...