1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why do people Lie?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Scenic Lawnscape, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

You yeah I will get the check out asap, then its It went in the mail yesterday, and now its I wont answer your calls or return your messages. By the way its a contractor that I subbed for, I know money is tight and people are freaking out about there bill's and such but Dont Flippin Lie to someone and say you mailed it. I have bills just like everyone else

I seen it coming, now I have to rant and rave untill I get it:angry::angry::angry:

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Your exactly right......money is tight.

3. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

So then its ok not to pay your contractors?

4. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

I don't get it, there the same people complaining if they are not payed on time but yet they will not pay people who did the work for them.

5. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Its just part of the business I reckon

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Thats not what I meant at all. :dizzy: Customers don't care who you have to pay or what you have to pay.
    They just know what they can afford, what bills are due and what they can get away w/o paying right away.

7. Dodge2

Dodge2 Member
    from ottawa

Its easier for him to lie than tell you he doesn't have your money or worse doesn't want to pay.

8. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

It's been my experience that contractors can be the hardest to get money out of...I would much rather do the work for the home owner...

9. KAG

KAG Senior Member

I know it sucks. Been there.....most of the time they are hopefully just too embarrassed to admit that they do not have the money and not that they are out and out trying to screw you.Never work for them again unless the money is up front in advance. These people can only screw so many people before it catches up with them.

I just got paid on a $50 push bill that was invoiced 12 December. Then the guy only sent $40 without explaining. The only reason he sent that now was because it was supposed to snow this week and he was worried his liquor store would not get plowed.....he's right it won't. When he calls in disbelief about not being plowed I plan on telling him I am sorry, I'll be right there and to please have the money including the past due amount ready for pick up prior to being plowed.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  10. KAG

KAG Senior Member

Sad but very true