1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why do guys........

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Oct 8, 2011.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

put their plows on in October when it 80 outside and still cutting lawns? Do they think people will flag them down and hire them?
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

........And then they complain about front end repairs.

I remember a landscape company in Mass (still in business) that keeps plows on from November to April. All the trucks have rear plows and they haul the trailers from the rear plow. I actually worked an extremely short time for that company, after being paid late and short, I was outta' there.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  3. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Lmaoooo i never could believe that.
    I will say last year on our last week of clean ups the forecasters were saying there could possibly be a 3-5in storm EVERY other day that week. so we had the plows on and pulled the cleanup rigs. Nothing ended up coming until that weekend. THats how we always do it cleanups until the first REAL snow.
  4. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Perhaps they were just transporting them to the shop for service before the season begins??? Mine will all be going in this week.
  5. grandview

I see the same company for the last 2 weeks with the plows on. And not just them ,but few other guys too.
  6. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

I put mine on today but it is going to the shop to be repaired then it's back into storage until about November 17ish
  7. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Oops I apologize for not reading this post before i posted
  8. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Yep, I moved 2 of them today from storage to the garage so I could pressure wash, change fluid, touch-up paint, etc while it's still nice out. Thumbs Up Gonna try to get a couple more done tomorrow too, so I'll have 2 more plows riding across town on my truck.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

A.On their way to Alaska.
    B.Just bought plow and in transit to shop/house.
    C.Taking it in for service/wash.
    D.Practice run.
    E.None of above and just want to show off to everyone they have a plow.
  10. grandview

I think its either A or E ,I'll have to ask them.
  11. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

They're confused since you don't post the countdown anymore...
  12. Plow man Foster

I never take my plow off :gunsfiring:

But then again thats all that truck does is plow ,Lower the blade at the end of winter and turn it off till next year .
  14. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Ditto on this.

It only takes me 10mins to plows on both of trucks. Why bother leaving them on when it takes very little time to do so and your not messing up either the plow or the truck.
  15. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Hey Grandview, might have been me on the road. Oops, wrong city. Had 4 plows out on the 6th, all dedicated for snow. Always ready by Oct 15th. Drive each approx 20 miles to check out. Operate each plow for several min. Wash, flush and fill.

Would never do my lawn care with snow equipment-what idiots! Why would you intentently abuse a truck. Trucks and equipment 1st-Dog 2nd-everything falls into place from there!
  16. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

well at least these guys aren't waiting until the last minute.
  17. grandview

Are you accusing me of something?;)
  18. Mark71

Mark71 Junior Member

Plows are just cool and the chicks love them.. lol
  19. herb1001

herb1001 Senior Member

I'm in NJ and the guy down the street just put his plow on. Same truck he takes to work everyday.
  20. Plow man Foster

If you bought a brand new f250 With a plow already on it from the dealer in september, Would you take off the plow??

Well for some reason the local low baller in my area doesnt think so....
    Hes been driving around with it on since then.
    But then again, this is the same guy who can plow "250 driveways in 1 hour"
    Dont even get me started on how he has stakes on the driveways of his houses that hes going to plow this year.

for anyone that hasnt been in Michigan before, we doing USUALLY get our first REAL snow til about mid-december.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011