1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Why did SnoWay scrap the ST series?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by coolgreen, Mar 23, 2008.

1. coolgreen

coolgreen Member

I've been running a 6.8-foot ST on my YJ for four years with minimal problems. It was a perfect match for the truck.

How does the new 22 Series stack up against the ST?

The 22 looks more like a homeowner product, which isn't going to do me much good.

I was thinking about selling my Jeep with the plow and getting a newer TJ, but I may keep the plow and try to find a TJ mount for it. I just hope it doesn't cost more than buying a new setup.

By scrapping the ST, has SnoWay handed the commercial small plow business over to Blizzard?
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Improved in every way except hyd.that's the same but was designed for the 22series and fitted into the ST as a interim unit. the old mounting system with the new SMO-1 Hyd system. The 22 gives you the smo-1 plus much more. Check the specs, higher moldboard, simpler mount and the EIS headlight wiring.

Great match for any year Wrangler/Rubicon. Check out the comments of users by using the search feature under Snoway+wrangler. Below are a few I found.

3. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

haha basher you have alot of time on your hands finding all the diffrent threads... what a good guy! xysport
  4. coolgreen

coolgreen Member

SnoWay specs

I checked the specs, which is what makes me believe the 22 Series is more of a homeownder unit.

ST - 299 pounds
    22 - 275 pounds

ST cutting edge - 3/8 inch
    22 cutting edge - 1/4 inch

ST lift cylinder (down pressure option) - 2 inch
    22 lift cylinder (down pressure option) - 1 3/4 inch

ST angle cylinders - 1x12 inches
    22 angle cylinders - 1x10.5 inches

Seems to me the ST has the 22 beat in all cagegories except that is is four inches shorter in the tallness department, which has never been a concern for me.
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

All weight savings to increase applicable vehicles, none of them decrease the performance of the plow.
  6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Yes there are differences between the ST and 22 series. Certainly nothing to make it a homeowner only application. If that were the case we would cover it with a 1 year consumer warranty like our competitors do with their smaller plows.

The 22 carries the same 5 year structural 2 year electric/hydraulic warranty that our larger plows have. Produced with the same quality steels and robotically welded for structural integrity.
  7. coolgreen

coolgreen Member

OK, maybe I'm wrong. But the SnoWay site even says the unit is for non-commercial purposes, while the ST is listed for the "small business owner."

Maybe SnoWay should change the wording on its site pertaining to the 22, or they will lose a lot of business from people like me who thought it was a homeowner unit.

There's a lot of guys running smaller trucks out there for their business. If I had my choice I would use my Jeep as my main plowing rig, but I can't pry the keys out of my daughter's hands with a crowbar. She loves plowing with that thing. I find it far faster and easier than using pickups for residential driveways.
  8. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

I have been using a 22 on my Ranger for two winters now with no issues.